Poll: *** The official Apple Vision Pro thread (it has an M2, an R1, loads of cameras, a whopping price tag and everything!) ***

Apple Vision Pro - Are you going to buy one?

• Total voters
Commissario

Introducing Apple Vision Pro: Apple’s first spatial computer​

jb5dBRA.png

It looks incredible but I'm actually not sure what I, as a normal user would do with it.

And that price tag :eek:

Commissario
OP
But will it work with a Windows PC? If not where are all the applications? My VR use is purely gaming, mainly flight simulation and car racing.
it's a computer. It works standalone, it's not a VR gaming headset.

I suspect part of the reason that it's not going to be on the market until next year is to give application developers time to port their software over to it because at the moment, it only has Apple apps.

Commissario
OP
Looks like the screens have a 90Hz refresh rate (with special 96Hz for movies), definitely something that needs to be improved in future generations if they want it to feel natural. 240Hz minimum.

but but... ;)

It's diminishing returns as you go up. After 120Hz there really is no big difference except for competitive gamers who want every bit of tiny advantage.

Commissario
OP
Although I have no immediate plans to even consider one of these, I thought my eyesight might be an issue. My prescription is -7 in each eye and they both have large astigmatism and I wear varifocals with a 2.0 addition for closeup.

Inserts are available. I was surprised.

Commissario
OP
Not to derail this thread, but do glasses help with Astigmatism? I have a bad case of it, and I have never been recommended glasses, do I need to switch out my optometrist?
I think so. If an optician isn’t including your astigmatism as part of the prescription and correcting it via the lenses in your glasses then it sounds like a major failure on their part.

Of course, remember that I’m not an optician and can’t offer medical advice.

Commissario
OP
Never bet against Apple.
And that's the thing. I remember people chuckling at the iPad when it was first launched and as for the general feelings about AirPods, I was one of the many who absolutely thought they were a joke. I bought a pair, fully expecting to return them within the 14 day period but very quickly realised they were a real improvement on all the earbud things I'd used before.

But this is a niche product, it can't have the same penetration as iPads and AirPods, not at that price.

Commissario
OP
There's a lot of people laughing at the virtual avatar things used for live chat but in the videos I've seen, I actually think they look pretty good, especially considering they're generated in a scan process that only takes a few seconds.

Back
Top Bottom