Poll: *** The official Apple Watch Series 9 (and Ultra 2) thread (it has double tap and everything!) ***

Are you getting an Apple Watch series 9 and or Ultra 2?

• Total voters
Don
Not tested to compare but I have used it with it off for the better part of 3 years.

I also only charge it up to about 80-90% and i can get 24hrs from them before it hit like under 20%.

I don't need the screen to be on when i am not looking at it.

That was my logic, just sometimes (mainly in bed), when I raise my wrist, it doesn't trigger the movement, and the absolute agony of doing it again made me think I should be utilising the technology of always on :)

Caporegime
That was my logic, just sometimes (mainly in bed), when I raise my wrist, it doesn't trigger the movement, and the absolute agony of doing it again made me think I should be utilising the technology of always on :)

There is a split second delay for it to wake up but it's not a problem really. Tapping on the screen also wakes it up too.

Last edited:
Soldato
Is there a proper compare site for the watches, Apple don't seem to want to compare watches in the same way you can with ipads and phones on the site for some reason..

Soldato
I don’t understand the point of a screen protector. I’ve had my series 4 SS for five years and there’s not a scratch on it. I would assume that the Ultra is even more scratch resistant.
Taken from the other watch thread:
rzqrtrb-jpg.474995

You don't need a hammer to scratch the watch face. I've had 2 series 4s over the last 5 years (due to using apple care), and both have ended up looking like that.

Permabanned
You don't need a hammer to scratch the watch face. I've had 2 series 4s over the last 5 years (due to using apple care), and both have ended up looking like that.

Sorry, I probably wasn’t clear but I was referring to the Ultra model. The Aluminium models don’t have sapphire glass screens. They use Ion-X glass, whatever that is.

Last edited:
Associate
Opened up my Series 9, wore it yesterday and decided that I’m gonna return it.

I think that my few days off without it while going to the gym was a bit of an eye opener that maybe it’s not as essential to have (for me).

Soldato
I’m going to sell the Alpine loop that came with my Apple Watch ultra, it’s nice but I much prefer the solo loop or the sports band.

Didn’t actually realise the alpine loop is £99 from Apple.

Associate
Opened up my Series 9, wore it yesterday and decided that I’m gonna return it.

I think that my few days off without it while going to the gym was a bit of an eye opener that maybe it’s not as essential to have (for me).
One thing that you can never fault Apple on is their returns process. Popped into the Covent Garden store and 5 mins later the refund was issued. Excellent stuff.

Caporegime
Don’t understand people turning off always on display on their watch, especially not on the Ultra, barely drains any battery.

I don't understand having it on. A lot of my day it's covered by a shirtsleeve/jumper and anytime I look at it it's on. I get 2 and half days of battery use before I charge my series 8 like this and 1 and a half with it on. So less battery charging cycles and as a user experience has made zero difference to what I'm doing.

Soldato
Yeah I've always disabled it too. As Raymond said so well, I don’t need the screen to be on if I’m not looking at it. It offers me no benefits at all and while battery usage might be negligible, there will still be some impact even if it is slight.

I get that it might be a good thing for some people but for my use case it’s of zero benefit.

Soldato
I agree if I’m not looking at my watch then why does it always need to be on? When I go to look at my watch naturally I lift my arm up and twist my twist my wrist and that turns it on with AOD off.

Get 3 and a bit days battery with my ultra with good use and with aod like 2ish or just over.

Last edited:
Permabanned
I’m not keen on the iPhone’s always on display as it has a significant impact on battery life. I think it works well on the Apple Watch though. I’m usually wearing short sleeves and it’s much easier to glance at it - like you would a mechanical watch.

Soldato
I’m not keen on the iPhone’s always on display as it has a significant impact on battery life. I think it works well on the Apple Watch though. I’m usually wearing short sleeves and it’s much easier to glance at it - like you would a mechanical watch.
Hardly touches the battery at all actually.

Back
Top Bottom