*** The Official Battlefield 5 thread***

Associate
Can somebody explain to me briefly what we're getting in the future updates? I know Monday a new battleroyal mode is being activated. So that's a battleroyal but on one map only? How long before that gets boring. There's then talk of other maps being released but are they for certain game modes only?

I've literally not played a minute of this for about 5 months due to the complete lack of maps. I think the best shooter I've had the most fun and game time was Red Orchestra 2 Heroes of Stalingard and that cost me next to nothing. Day of Infamy was also another shooter which had me playing for quite a long time.

Battlefield 1 and 5 I've gotta say i found them both pretty poor.

Soldato
Associate
Basically bugger all.

A new map in May, some temporary games modes and then some more maps in summer / autumn (1 of these being a rehash of an old map).

A year after the games release we may get 4 new maps for BFV, the first 3 DLC packs to BF1 gave 6 new maps each.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/b47jeb/battlefield_v_2019_roadmap/

More bolloxs game modes??? there's enough of them as there is the issue is the lack of maps. All I can say is it must cost some money and man power to produce game maps because they treat them like the holy grail.

Soldato
If only DICE would give SDK for modders, the game would sell itself without the need to do anything thanks to modders making things people want to play

10 years on and Forgotten Hope 2 is still being worked on for Battlefield 2, they managed to up player count to 50 v 50, they've made 125 weapons and 245 vehicles along with maps in Western Theatre, Eastern Theatre, Africa and Pacific

Puts to shame what these "devs" get paid to create at EA

Associate
i stopped playing after a month , got old fast ... rush for me was the holy grail mode. nothing other than Pubg has peeked my interest for BR modes , except firestorm. hopefully this brings back the tingles in BF for me.

Soldato
Br mode is just to cash in on the current trend for this type of imo rubbish game.

Bf doesnt need it, its never had it before and no one asked for it. As others have said its like EA saw the money all the fortnight kiddys wasted and after all the loot box backlash thought they would “ave some of that” and its come at the expense of attempting to make battlefield a good game, altho i dont think this is actually possible now.

Soldato
Reinstalled BF4 and played for a few hours (haven't played in about 3 years) to see how it's aged against BF5. BF4 is better in almost every way. The only things I would port over from BF5 to 4 is
  • Graphics (BF4 still looks very good today though).
  • Fortifications.
  • 'Attrition' system (bandages, less ammo, limited vehicle ammo etc).
  • Revive animations, and vehicle animations.
I honestly can't think of anything else, the gunplay, customisation, maps etc is so on point in BF4 compared to BF5. Not to mention BF4 actually has Rush as well as hardcore.

Associate
Firestorm looks pretty fun, but....
The base game still has a serious problem with hackers, until this is fixed, well BR will just be a big mess

Associate
I think I'll reinstall BF4 soon, but I'm still enjoying BF1. BFV isn't a bad game but up until the release of Firestorm just felt totally neglected. It desperately needs a batch of new maps.

Soldato
My first BR game ever and it is boring as hell.

not a fan either - very slow, very "clunky" feeling, the spew of loot out of dead bodies is pathetic - the whole UI of your loot is a mess. Tanks are still very OP.

Maybe slightly spoiled by the slickness of Apex over the last month but it was just very wooden feeling, didn't get any real sense of a proper BR feel to it.

Back
Top Bottom