*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

So rumours suggesting AJ v Klitschko second fight will be in Vegas. Good for AJ (money) bad for us as the fight would likely be early hours of the morning.

What are people predictions? I still favour AJ as he has plenty of potential to get better. With the utmost respect to Wladimir he is in amazing shape for 40+ but he is 40+ and I think that is/was the difference.

If AJ wins this fight in Vegas and they put on a good fight, his earning potential will go through the roof. Wonder how Wilder will feel when the hype train starts rollings compared to his fights on his own home soil? Or will this open up a unification bout between the winner and Wilder to be held in the US?

Soldato
Frampton misses weight, fight still on.....Guitierrez then slips in the shower in injures himself.....fight is off.

What a farce...............Professional sports people - I never understand missing weight - you've had weeks/months to get to where you know you need to be and don't do it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/40759863

Slim margins, there is always going to be hic ups especially at the weight they fight at

Caporegime
I thought it was Ortiz?
No mate. The rematch with Klitscho was sanctioned on the condition that the winner faces the IBF mandatory challenger, which is Pulev. Now there's no rematch, AJ will have to defend his IBF belt against Pulev or they will most likely strip him of it as the IBF are incredibly strict on mandatory defences.

They took it off Fury because he didn't want to fight the mandatory.

Soldato
Right call for Wlad imo, had nothing to prove and went out on his Shield against AJ in front of 90,000 at Wembley. Hard to believe the rematch would have had a different result as it kind of felt like Wlad gave that his all in training for the fight and came out in the best condition he possibly could have. Could he muster that level of ambition again...

Bit of a bummer for AJ though as thats probably a nice money earner in Vegas gone west now!

Soldato
I think klitchko would finish AJ this time if he hurt him again

Big IF.

Joshua was lacking one thing in that fight, experience, and Vlad gave him more in that fight that probably most his previous fights combined. The rematch therefore would have been an easier victory for AJ imo, and it'd be a devasting stoppage which Vlad doesn't need at his age and this point in his career. Right decision for him to retire imo, he's got nothing to prove and although he finishes his career with a loss it was one of his best performances in a long time and one of the best heavyweight fight in years.

I'd like to see Whyte given a shot at Windmill Wilder.

Caporegime
AJ will steamroller Pulev. Different gravy altogether. Pulev won't be able to cope with his movement and power. Ortiz looks like an old man now, he's left it all too late. His last 2 fights against very average opposition were bloody awful. He has to get on the inside to be effective, but he's slow and as he's coming in, AJ will just pick him off with ease.

Would still be good for AJ to fight them both though to put an end to the discussion. The only active heavyweight dangerous to AJ would be Wilder with that chance of a Hail Mary punch. No one else is close, and let's not forget, AJ is only getting better and more experienced.

Soldato
So WBA are forcing through AJ vs Ortiz now. So does this basically mean he is being forced into vacating a belt?

Usually you have a set time limit to agree the fight, and then body will order a purse bid if terms can't be agreed. After that the champ will get stripped.

Joshua has only held the belt for a few months so I would think he has enough time to fight Pulev and then work on the WBA situation.

Back
Top Bottom