*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Caporegime
Honestly wouldn't like to put any money on this one, no clue who would win. Hughie has been out, while Parkers last fight looked second rate.

Its a very good match-up in my eyes so should be a good one to watch.

edit: reading up on this and they are struggling to sell the fight.

Doesn't surprise me. Parkers last two fights have been borefests and Hughie doesn't have much of a personality. Quiet and reserved. The absolute polar opposite of Tyson.

I think the fight will be boring too. A clash of styles if ever I've seen one. Fancy Parker on points.

Soldato
David Haye and Bellew 2 terms just been agreed by the teams. Bellew yet to sign but presumably he will do as it's his biggest potential pay day again as it definitely is Haye's.

Soldato
David Haye and Bellew 2 terms just been agreed by the teams. Bellew yet to sign but presumably he will do as it's his biggest potential pay day again as it definitely is Haye's.

Are we supposed to forget all the hugging and praising these guys gave each other after the fight and pretend like they hate each other again?

Soldato
Are we supposed to forget all the hugging and praising these guys gave each other after the fight and pretend like they hate each other again?
Depends if you enjoy the hype train or not I guess.

After the McGregor Mayweather press conferences and the discussion on who "won" them etc anything is possible :p

Soldato
Obvious this fight was coming, it's the only fight for both men really.

Bellew won't go back down to Cruiser but would get sparked for probably less money fighting Wilder or most of the top heavies. Haye literally has no other fight available, if he ever wants that cash out fight against Joshua he needs to win this rematch and win it handily no messing this time.

Obvious this fight was coming, it's the only fight for both men really.

Bellew won't go back down to Cruiser but would get sparked for probably less money fighting Wilder or most of the top heavies. Haye literally has no other fight available, if he ever wants that cash out fight against Joshua he needs to win this rematch and win it handily no messing this time.

Mirrors what I was thinking, it is the only fight that either can get to generate a bit money at this point. More than anything I just want Haye to get through it without injury*. If he does get injured again for me that would be his career finished.

*so there are no excuses

Last edited:
Soldato
He has nothing left to prove. Retired at the top, Lb 4 Lb. May not have had the most eye friendly style but his talent can not be denied. Hoping he goes into punditry as I quite like him and the way he carries himself.

He was going to retire after the first Kovalev fight so I'm not too shocked. Shame, I wanted to see him make Bellew look silly.

Soldato
Whole things a bit of a farce really, no proper TV coverage for a Heavyweight world title fight with a British fighter in Britain?! Events sold about 6000 tickets for a 20,000 venue.

They'll sell a few thousand PPVs online at most. Stick to radio 5 live they've got it on at 10:30, Mike Costello usually paints a good picture of boxing on the radio.

Back
Top Bottom