*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Associate
Not to mention that considering Fury's size he did a lot of leaning into and against Wallin. I also thought that he went quite often with his head first. But think Wallin did a good fight to go all 12 rounds without being knocked down once (even though I only saw the last 4 rounds).

Soldato
The cut mentally affected Fury and i think it changed the dynamics of the fight. Wallin looked good though, massively underated. A better tank and it might have been different but Furys pressure was superior.

Permabanned

Really, after all this time? Shame it didn't happen years earlier. I'm not a fan of either but I think Brook would always KO Khan after the latter won a few rounds based on his speed and dumb flurries. However, it was funny/pathetic to see Brook chase Khan so much, and Khan trolled Brook & Hearn several times. I'll watch the fight now but it's whatever.

Also, I heard on Twitter (I know) that Whyte is already quietly serving a suspension. Wouldn't surprise me.

Last edited:
Soldato
Brook has wasted the best years of his career waiting around for a fight with this guy. Khans just waiting till he knows Brook is completely shot before he takes him on, last Brook fight (nearly a year ago!) he looked about 90% of the way there!

Permabanned
^ Ha.

Wait, I forgot Brook injured both eyes from GGG and Spence... hmmm, maybe that, the weight uncertainties, etc. would give Khan a big mental advantage. And if this fight can somehow generate a lot of money, maybe Brook will just be happy to get that payday he's been pathetically chasing for years - maybe he'll play it safety first for his eyes, all the way to the bank.

Soldato
What I don’t understand is where has Brook been for the last year?! Looking online it says he’s waiting for a big fight, where’s that gonna come from cos he hasn’t fought anyone decent in 2 1/2 years nearly! Not exactly in the shop window for Crawford, a Spence rematch etc!

The only answer is he’s worried he’ll lose in a low profile fight and the Khan fight will go south.

History will show that GGG fight was a crazy fight to take which basically finished him. At his best he was a great fighter as the GGG fight while it lasted actually showed he gave a good account of himself but had no power to trouble him, got a beating and messed up eye for his trouble.

Permabanned
5/2 Ruiz.
2/5 AJ.

AJ heavy betting favourite. I'll be happy with either man winning for certain ways, e.g. AJ being a Brit obviously, whereas disproving those odds is one reason to root for Ruiz, and Hearn being a poopy head.

Soldato
Nigel Benn supposedly fighting Sakio Bika in November.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/49810169

he’s 55 ffs! Bika only fought 2 years ago,was proper tough and never got stopped surely this is a publicity stunt? Benn was shot in his last fights 20 odd years ago does he think he’s better now?

Well it’s happening. I’m hearing Benn looks great in training but I still think he’s nuts.

Back
Top Bottom