*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Caporegime
That was an epic fight, one of the best I've seen tbf. So glad Fury won, I'm glad Wilder showed some fight though because it just made the fight better.

Heart was racing when Fury was knocked down twice, but that makes the second half of the fight and the two later knockdowns and Fury victory all the more better.

Soldato
Are we expecting excuses and conspiracy theories from Wilder in the coming weeks, or will he handle this one better?

He wasn't willing to acknowledge Fury at the end, Fury went over to say good fight and respect etc. Wilder was having none of it so yeah, expect even more excuses once he comes out of hospital and out of hiding, I suspect he'll disappear for awhile.

I'm glad this chapter is well and truly closed and there are absolutely no doubts because over the 3 fights Fury probably lost 3-4 rounds in total. He completely dominated today, okay he got caught but got back up and won every round after that convincingly, Wilder looked out on his feet for the entire second half of the fight.

Associate
He wasn't willing to acknowledge Fury at the end, Fury went over to say good fight and respect etc. Wilder was having none of it so yeah

Well yeah, he didn't look like he knew where he was or who he was let alone talk to Fury. Anyway why should he acknowledge Fury? I'm sick of this fighters talking such drivel like Fury does spewing bile and hate and then want a cuddle afterwards. That last press conference from Fury was dreadful trying to be smart asking Wilder why he changed trainers without being smart enough to answer the question when it was thrown right back at him. Fury has beaten him every one of the three fights but I doubt this is the last one as Wilder beats any of the others in the division despite his lack of boxing skill. Hopefully Fury actually fights someone now before 2023 ends.

Soldato
Well yeah, he didn't look like he knew where he was or who he was let alone talk to Fury. Anyway why should he acknowledge Fury? I'm sick of this fighters talking such drivel like Fury does spewing bile and hate and then want a cuddle afterwards. That last press conference from Fury was dreadful trying to be smart asking Wilder why he changed trainers without being smart enough to answer the question when it was thrown right back at him. Fury has beaten him every one of the three fights but I doubt this is the last one as Wilder beats any of the others in the division despite his lack of boxing skill. Hopefully Fury actually fights someone now before 2023 ends.
He doesn’t beat Usyk TBH

Soldato
He wasn't willing to acknowledge Fury at the end, Fury went over to say good fight and respect etc. Wilder was having none of it so yeah, expect even more excuses once he comes out of hospital and out of hiding, I suspect he'll disappear for awhile.

I'm glad this chapter is well and truly closed and there are absolutely no doubts because over the 3 fights Fury probably lost 3-4 rounds in total. He completely dominated today, okay he got caught but got back up and won every round after that convincingly, Wilder looked out on his feet for the entire second half of the fight.
Why should he. One of the worst things about modern day Boxing is everyone bad mouthing each other before the fight and then cuddling like girls after it. If the threats and bitching before the fight were real then at the end of the fight it shouldnt be any different.

Fair play to him for staying to his guns and not "show boating" the end of the fight.

Caporegime
Thought he won the first fight with his superior boxing skills and heart, put on a clinic in the second and dissected him piece by piece and looked like he wanted to bully Wilder and fight fire with fire in the third and just out punch him which he did. Three ways to win a fight and cements his position as the best in the division.

Unlike AJ, I think Fury beats Usyk either hiding behind his jab and breaking him down or by bullying him like he did last night to Wilder.

As for Wilder, he showed a lot of heart last night but he has no boxing ability whatsoever, whatever he learnt during his camp went out the window after the first round, and he's a few days away from being 36 and will eventually end up in the cabbage patch if he continues.

Soldato
It was a decent contest but not sure I get the hyperbole about it being one of the great fights. Sure it see-sawed but Wilder looked shot after the 4th round and a more ruthless finisher would have got him out of there earlier. I do respect Fury and even on that form (which I consider < fights 1,2 and Klitscko) he looked as good as any current heavyweight. However, lets be balanced - Joshua looks a shadow of the fighter he was 4 years ago, Usyk is impressive but fundamentally a cruiserweight and below those there doesn't appear to be anyone that can really challenge. Fury vs Usyk would be an interesting fight. On what we've seen in the last two years Fury vs AJ would only have one result. Congrats to Fury, he's proved me wrong but I think he needs 1 or 2 more big fights to really cement a legacy and unless they are mega fights I can't see him bothering with any mandatories against the likes of Dillian Whyte.

Caporegime
Dillian Whyte's a potato and Fury would turn him in to mash within 6 rounds. He has a good hook and a decent looping overhand right but Fury would do to him what he did to a prime Chisora in their last fight.

Caporegime
It was a decent contest but not sure I get the hyperbole about it being one of the great fights. Sure it see-sawed but Wilder looked shot after the 4th round and a more ruthless finisher would have got him out of there earlier. I do respect Fury and even on that form (which I consider < fights 1,2 and Klitscko) he looked as good as any current heavyweight. However, lets be balanced - Joshua looks a shadow of the fighter he was 4 years ago, Usyk is impressive but fundamentally a cruiserweight and below those there doesn't appear to be anyone that can really challenge. Fury vs Usyk would be an interesting fight. On what we've seen in the last two years Fury vs AJ would only have one result. Congrats to Fury, he's proved me wrong but I think he needs 1 or 2 more big fights to really cement a legacy and unless they are mega fights I can't see him bothering with any mandatories against the likes of Dillian Whyte.
I don’t think it was as good as AJ v Klitschko tbh

Soldato
Wilder won’t be competing at that level again Imo these last 2 fights must have taken years off his career at the top. Having more guts than brains might win you points in the Fans hard man stakes but they won’t be helping you out when you’ve got Parkinson’s or CTE in 15 years.

Back
Top Bottom