*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Caporegime
Khan's a British boxing legend and has given me some of my most memorable fights, including spectacular losses against Prescott, Garcia, Alvarez and Crawford. Hope this fight goes the same way and Brook permanently retires his face.

https://www.skysports.com/boxing/ne...ised-on-what-ive-done-in-boxing-he-hates-that

Wasn't that long ago he was saying he didn't take the Brook fight because it wasn't financially worth it, now he's back to saying Brook never wanted to fight him :o

Soldato
Khan's a British boxing legend and has given me some of my most memorable fights, including spectacular losses against Prescott, Garcia, Alvarez and Crawford. Hope this fight goes the same way and Brook permanently retires his face.

https://www.skysports.com/boxing/ne...ised-on-what-ive-done-in-boxing-he-hates-that

Wasn't that long ago he was saying he didn't take the Brook fight because it wasn't financially worth it, now he's back to saying Brook never wanted to fight him :o

you can tell from the press conference all along it’s been khan ducking the fight. Admittedly yeah he probably had better paying fights out in America, but he’s only come back for this because it’s a good payday for this time in his career and I hope he gets what he’s long over due.

Permabanned
I used to be a big fan of Kahn until he chased the Mayweather fight, Mayweather mugged him right off and Kahn started crying. Then it became blatantly clear, obvious to everyone other Kahn fans that Kahn was ducking Brook, he used every excuse to avoid the fight.

Will I watch this fight? Absolutely.
Will I pay for it? Absolutely not. Kahn mugged the public off for too long for me to contribute to his pension fund.

Soldato
Wasn’t knocked out though he was stopped which is a bit different.

Kahn on the other hand has been knocked out cold on multiple occasions. That’s a glass jaw.

Well that's just not true, is it? He's been properly knocked out twice. Once against Prescott and once against Canelo. Against Crawford and Garcia he was stopped on his feet/corner.

He's had 4 TKO/KO losses. The Prescott fight which many suspect that Breidis was on something. Danny Garcia who was a very hard hitter for light welterweight. Against Canelo he jumped 2 weight divisions and after having success decided to start trading with a man who is so much bigger than him he is about to challenge for a cruiserweight title and he quit against Crawford citing a low blow but the writing was on the wall anyway.

I don't think he has a strong chin by any stretch but I do find people are a bit too quick to call him a glass jaw when you look at the people who actually knocked him out. He's only been knocked out completely twice and I don't think many people are taking clean shots from Canelo and not going down when they're in his weight class let alone jumping 2 divisions to fight him. Canelo due to rehydration weighed almost 30 pounds more than Khan on fight night.

Permabanned
Well that's just not true, is it? He's been properly knocked out twice. Once against Prescott and once against Canelo. Against Crawford and Garcia he was stopped on his feet/corner.

He's had 4 TKO/KO losses. The Prescott fight which many suspect that Breidis was on something. Danny Garcia who was a very hard hitter for light welterweight. Against Canelo he jumped 2 weight divisions and after having success decided to start trading with a man who is so much bigger than him he is about to challenge for a cruiserweight title and he quit against Crawford citing a low blow but the writing was on the wall anyway.

I don't think he has a strong chin by any stretch but I do find people are a bit too quick to call him a glass jaw when you look at the people who actually knocked him out. He's only been knocked out completely twice and I don't think many people are taking clean shots from Canelo and not going down when they're in his weight class let alone jumping 2 divisions to fight him. Canelo due to rehydration weighed almost 30 pounds more than Khan on fight night.
Brooks never been knocked out cold by anyone inc GGG who hits harder than all those you’ve mentioned.

Soldato
Brooks never been knocked out cold by anyone inc GGG who hits harder than all those you’ve mentioned.

Who has Brook fought? Make no mistake as a person I much prefer Brook and would rather he win than Khan but who has be actually fought? His best win was Porter and after that he decided to fight absolute no hopers like Jo Jo Dan and Frankie Gavin. He had a chance to unify his division with Jessie Vargas but instead made a stupid decision and decided to fight Golovkin who was sparking people out for fun. He then stepped up again and lost convincingly against Errol Spence - even if his eye had held up there was only one way that fight was going as Errol had started to go through the gears. Crawford had barely even needed to get out of the first gear to stop him.

After Porter there isn't many great names on Kell's resume that he was victorious against another decent name at world level. In fact if Porter was to fight Brook today I wouldn't expect it to go well for Brook.

It's like Khan getting sparked out twice makes people loose all sense of objectivity when it comes to him. Hatton was stopped just as many times as Khan (and by Floyd Mayweather no less who was hardly known as a KO artist at that point in his career) but no one is calling him a glass jaw.

Permabanned
Who has Brook fought? Make no mistake as a person I much prefer Brook and would rather he win than Khan but who has be actually fought? His best win was Porter and after that he decided to fight absolute no hopers like Jo Jo Dan and Frankie Gavin. He had a chance to unify his division with Jessie Vargas but instead made a stupid decision and decided to fight Golovkin who was sparking people out for fun. He then stepped up again and lost convincingly against Errol Spence - even if his eye had held up there was only one way that fight was going as Errol had started to go through the gears. Crawford had barely even needed to get out of the first gear to stop him.

After Porter there isn't many great names on Kell's resume that he was victorious against another decent name at world level. In fact if Porter was to fight Brook today I wouldn't expect it to go well for Brook.

It's like Khan getting sparked out twice makes people loose all sense of objectivity when it comes to him. Hatton was stopped just as many times as Khan (and by Floyd Mayweather no less who was hardly known as a KO artist at that point in his career) but no one is calling him a glass jaw.
Who cares. They are/were evenly matched British fighters in the same weight class who had genuine beef. The fight didn’t happen because of one man and his silly excuses, just like the same your using now “who has he fought”.

I genuinely don’t care about popularity, numbers and past opponents. I wanted to see who was the best just like we wanted to see Mayweather vs Pac. The politics is for Promoters and Politicians.

Answer me this in their primes was this a 50/50 fight or not?

Soldato
Who cares. They are/were evenly matched British fighters in the same weight class who had genuine beef. The fight didn’t happen because of one man and his silly excuses, just like the same your using now “who has he fought”.

I genuinely don’t care about popularity, numbers and past opponents. I wanted to see who was the best just like we wanted to see Mayweather vs Pac. The politics is for Promoters and Politicians.

Answer me this in their primes was this a 50/50 fight or not?

I'd say it's quite important to the discussion rather than just saying "Brook hasn't been knocked out as bad" when one is operating at a much lower level. The context matters.

It's a 50/50 fight but I would've backed Brook to get the win. I do think it was Khan who was stopping the fight from happening but I'm not going to hold that against him with the names he was chasing and actually fighting whereas Brook just seemed desperate for that one fight and not willing to build a career based on what he's done.

Brook always needed Khan, not the other way around.

Permabanned
He fought GGG, Errol Spence jr, Porter, and Crawford and was never knocked out cold. He was stopped by GGG who hits harder than Canelo because he broke his orbital, same against Spence because of before mentioned injury. He quit against Crawford because I suspect he realised he no longer has it.

Could he have done more? Absolutely but I suspect it had something to do with others seeing him as a high risk low reward kind of fight. I reckon that’s what Kahn realised too.
Also worth bearing in mind the JoJo Dan fightwas ordered as a mandatory so non avoidable.
Brook was also attacked with a machete which took time away from his career and he suffered 2 orbital bone fractures. I disagree with the Spence fight he was winning that before the injury, Dom Ingle claimed it happened a round or 2 before the stoppage. I dare say, should a woulda, that he would have won that fight without the injury. Brook has no one to blame but himself though as does Kahn for being the reason this fight never happened.

General consensus was Kahn could outbox anybody inc Brook, but Brook could equally time Kahn and knock him out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom