*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Soldato
You don't know that's 'high quality' muscle at all, Just nonsense talk.
It's also a bit rich when the guy weight bullied Loma and Prograis.

will agree to disagree, pro boxers at this level dont waste weight in my opinion. Its a massive part of the sport.

of course I can not prove it

Last edited:
Soldato
Hope Usyk absolutely batters Fury. Don’t see Fury posing him much of a problem at all
I hope he loses from a personal distaste of the man, but also I dont think he's fought anyone of a decent calibre anyway..

There's always Klitshcho, obviously and some would say Wilder was good but Parker proved he was pretty average and I don't rate Parker all that highly. Fury got put on his arse by Wilder.
Whyte and Chisora have never proved to be anything other than B grade punching bags.
Sadly I think the state of the men Heavy Weight is probably the worst it's ever been.

I hope that Usyk unifies it and AJ gets a rematch and I never have to hear from Fury again.

Last edited:
Soldato
Me to.

All the talk of Fury's size... AJ was bigger / stronger right?

So yeh, Fury will have to be on top of his game I agree.

Yeah, it’s going to take a lot more than size to beat Usyk.

I’m really looking forward to Catterall and Taylor finally boxing.

Last edited:
Caporegime
out there they dont mess about so will be interesting how it plays out but i guess with powerful friends nothing. blatantly assaulting a youth on camera lol. best thing is the youth came off better and did nothing ! :D

Soldato
I hope that Usyk unifies it and AJ gets a rematch and I never have to hear from Fury again.

I'm torn. I want Usyk to win because it's hard not to like him and the way he goes about business. I want Fury to lose for a whole magnitude of reasons but I'll just go with he is a bit of a dick.

But even as a big AJ fan, I don't want to see a third fight with Usyk. I'm sure Ben Davis may have him do a bit better but he was soundly beaten twice, literally no need for the 3rd bout. So I would like Fury to win just so that I can see Fury vs AJ as I have always believed AJ beats Fury but I'm not sure if I want to stomach what would happen if Fury wins.

I'm being led by my disdain for the man and I'm rarely if ever objective when it comes to Fury....

Usyk in 10.

Soldato
Watched a bit of boxing at the weekend. Two cards on Sky and TNT but nothing particularly eye catching.

Boxxer had Lauren Price fighting for several world straps at welterweight as their main event and it was a pretty awful spectacle. I'm fine with women's boxing, I'm fine with it getting more and more exposure but this was not a good advert. Price has only had 6 pro fights but comes off a strong amateur career and as an Olympic champion. She was in with Jessica McCaskill who has an interesting back story but is basically just a brawler. She came with very little skill and got easily picked off in between clinches, holds and head clashes. Both fighters were warned about the untidyness and ultimately it was stopped on a cut. It was certainly an occasion where I was glad of the 2 minute rounds. McCaskill has been in with some decent fighter but lord know how she became a world champion.

Denzil Bentley made short work of his comeback since losing to Nathan Heaney at middleweight. He's had some issues out of the ring but looks limited to domestic level so suspect he'll go after Heaney again.

Probably the highlight of the night was Archie Sharp getting flattened in round one by an Argentinian roadsweeper but somehow managing to survive and turn it around to a a comfortable point win. Sharp has been around for a while is 29 and has had 25 wins but seemingly is going nowhere. I'm not sure the whole story but I think he was recently promised the earth by a middle eastern promoter and ended up getting stiffed.

Surprisingly little coverage of Loma vs Kambosos jr which Loma ended in the 11th with some pretty devastating body shots. I haven't watched it all the way through but it probably puts him back on the map for another big fight. Maybe against Garcia.

Sort of looking forward to Fury Usyk. I'd love Usyk to win for Ukraine but I'm not sure he will have the size to compete against the spoiling tactics that we will see Fury employ. FWIW I've bet the draw at 16-1.

Soldato

FFS, this could have cost the fight. I don’t mind John Fury he talks a lot sense, but this is the biggest fight since since Lewis become undisputed. The two best undefeated heavyweights are about make history and the actions of some irrelevant old man who’s had his day could have seen the fight called off because he can’t control himself.

Caporegime
haha he has to pay 10 million he aint doing that. also i dont think hes bothered by usyk tbh. you have to forget the clownshow that goes on in boxing tbh. the fight will go two ways . fury wins body shot or upper cut in 6 - 8 rounds. usyk wins points decision.

Back
Top Bottom