*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Soldato
What a spectacular fight. I hope klitchko retires now, even though he lost he finishes his career on a high, he was involved in one of the best heavyweight bout in years, he demonstrated his boxing skill to the world and showed he had a decent chin!!

Joshua will have learnt more in that fight than all his other fights combined. It will stand him in good stead for the future, he was taken to a place where he's never been and somehow he managed to find a way out. At least he knows now what it feels like, he will learn a lot from that which is why I think a rematch isn't the best idea for klitchko, he can't expose his lack of experience anymore so imo it would be the same outcome but probably in less time.

I thought it'd be a first half ko win for joshua but credit to klitchko, didn't show any sign of ring rust, was technically more superior in there and was moving around like someone half his age! It's a fitting way to bow out the sport and leave it now to the next generation.

Wilder vs Bellew would be fun, Wilder is dangerous against anyone but he's reckless, he's technically very poor, and hes got a suspect chin. Joshua is better in every department but Bellew, who knows. Id rate him as the better boxer but hes stepping in with guys that are too big and too strong for him in all honesty.

Soldato
Tremendous fight. Credit to both fighters for he courage they showed. So many heavyweight fights in the recent past have been devoid of any real excitement. Klitschko has been quite guilty of a dull style characterized by low risk hit and hold tactics but last night I really warmed to him. It was a smart performance and one that defied his age. Joshua will hopefully have learned a lot from the fight but enormous respect must be given to him for what he came through. The lad could barely walk at the end of round six. His ability to be out on his feet and slip the attacks of his opponent kept him in the contest and at the time I don't know how he got through.

Managing to gather himself over rounds 7-10 showed real maturity but also with hindsight might have been a mistake by Klitschko. His contentment to out score AJ possibly cost him the fight. Perhaps he didn't have enough left to launch another all out attack. The finish was incredible. How WK took that uppercut without going down is totally beyond me.

What is next for the division will be interesting. Realistically there appear to be very few fights that can approach that level. Wilder seems the only credible opponent at present. The talk of a match with Fury is folly at the moment given the state that TF has allowed himself to get into. He will need to prove himself in 1 or 2 fights before even being considered for a world title shot. I also don't see Bellew as a credible heavyweight despite his victory over Haye. The lack of decent americans in the heavyweights makes it hard to see how AJ could find similarly motivating opponents as he had last night.

Anyway, thoroughly enjoyed it. Massive credit to the fighters in and out of the ring.

Soldato
AJ needs to unify against wilder before he faces fury imo

too much at stake against fury, if he lost to fury on points for example then the unification is over

Soldato
Please let AJ fight anyone but Fury - putting aside the fact that he's a complete tool - his fights are ridiculously boring!!!!

His slow, plodding style would destroy all of the re invigoration that last night's fight gave to boxing!

Caporegime
What a fight that was last night, highly enjoyable and so so happy for AJ to win.

I just hope he doesn't become an arrogant arse like other fighters have. The one thing I really like about AJ is that there isn't any drama with him. He's humble and respectful, similar to Klitschko who I admire but think it's time he hung his gloves up and call it a day.

As for that tool Fury?? I'm hoping AJ doesn't waste his time on him. He got very lucky beating Klitsch but that fat ass needs to STFU and stop being an utter idiot. AJ would wipe the floor with him, depending on whether Fury can stop snorting and lose some weight.

But really over the moon AJ won, was a terrific fight all round.

Associate
Amazing fight, thought he was done in the 6th and needed 3/4 rounds to recover but impressive. Wlad great fitness and conditioning for 41 - I hope i look like that at 41 :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom