*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Soldato
Seems quite an even split on here with regard the Joshua / Usyk. Usyk is a class act. He really moves so well. Joshua is a predictable fighter and he's gassed at crucial times however I do feel he has the equaliser in terms of his power and experience at heavyweight. AJ is 2/5 which seems about right vs Usyk 9/4. I don't think the bookies are wrong on this one.

Soldato
I'm half tempted to put a bet on Usyk as if AJ loses it'll be a nice consolation prize.

I think it all depends on how Usyk reacts to when AJ catches him clean. If he can take it, AJ will be in for a long night. If he can't and AJ jumps on him, it could be painful real welcome to the (super)Heavyweight division.

I'm glad AJ has come in a bit lighter/leaner than usual. Yeah he looked like a specimen when he was carrying all that extra muscle but it caused him to gas out far too easily. Since losing some of it since Ruiz 2 he looks like he can now maintain 12 rounds and probably still has the power that came with his speed. He is also an underrated counter puncher.

I'm really looking forward to this I'm leaning 60/40 AJ with a stoppage coming around 6-8 but I wouldn't be too shocked if Usyk pulls it off

Soldato
I wouldn't be surprised, if AJ senses Usyk doesn't like his power, that AJ blasts him out inside 2/3 rounds. Would be great to see even if it is only to shut Fury up, who's constant spouting of ******** annoys me no end

Nothing will ever shut Fury up, he will be calling AJ names even when in the ring with him

Caporegime
Got nearly a stone and half over him. That’s a lot of extra weight for Usyk to hold up against.

Fury tactics would be leaning all over him and pushing him down with that weight to knacker him. AJ could do the same.

Usyk’s gonna have to be on his toes.

Soldato
I wouldn't be surprised, if AJ senses Usyk doesn't like his power, that AJ blasts him out inside 2/3 rounds. Would be great to see even if it is only to shut Fury up, who's constant spouting of ******** annoys me no end
I watched Usyks fight with Chisora again this evening. I'm convinced Usyk can't win at. Elite level heavyweight. He's hard to hit clean but AJ is a class advice Chisora. Usyks defence isn't as good as I thought it might be. He moves almost exclusively to his right to get away from the attacks and his head is very static. I've put a cheeky duvet on AJ round three.

Soldato
I watched Usyks fight with Chisora again this evening. I'm convinced Usyk can't win at. Elite level heavyweight. He's hard to hit clean but AJ is a class advice Chisora. Usyks defence isn't as good as I thought it might be. He moves almost exclusively to his right to get away from the attacks and his head is very static. I've put a cheeky duvet on AJ round three.

AJ's chin is suspect though to be fair. For me if this goes long AJ is in trouble as Usyk is the best boxer he has ever faced. If AJ tries to get him out early and doesnt then he's in a whole world of trouble.

Should be a good fight for sure.

Soldato
I don't get why people think AJs chin is suspect. He got knocked down by a bomb of a straight right from Wlad that would put down most heavyweights (wlad was known for concussive power) and with Ruiz he got hit on the temple and lost his legs for the remaining rounds but was finished on his feet

He has a suspect gas tank for sure but I don't think his chin is really in question. He hasn't been dropped by a cruiserweight like Fury has been

Soldato
Yeah, I don't get it either.
We're talking about solid headshots at heavyweight and people act like they're supposed to take them like it's nothing. That shot from Wlad was ridiculous and it was a miracle he even got up, never mind went on to get the stoppage.

Chisora got knocked out by Haye and Whyte. I don't see anyone questioning his chin, and they shouldn't.

Caporegime
Yeah, I don't get it either.
We're talking about solid headshots at heavyweight and people act like they're supposed to take them like it's nothing. That shot from Wlad was ridiculous and it was a miracle he even got up, never mind went on to get the stoppage.

Chisora got knocked out by Haye and Whyte. I don't see anyone questioning his chin, and they shouldn't.
I still can’t believe Wlad got up after that uppercut from AJ. Most people would have needed their head caught by the audience after that.

Back
Top Bottom