*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Soldato
I'm not sure Wilder can be a better fighter. He's tried a few pad drills but likely when the fight starts he won't know how to use them. His previous trainer revealed Wilder was way too arrogent and lazy to listen to instruction.

If anything I'd expect Fury, who is a real student of boxing having mimiced Ali's footwork and style, James Toney's shoulder roll, Chris Byrd's jab parry, to have improved his Kronk style more so than Wilder's improved.

From his interviews it's clear Fury is well aware Wilder's equaliser is still a huge threat and it's clear he isn't looking past him.

I do expect Wilder tries to start faster next time though

Totally agree, Wilder and Malik talk a good show, but as soon as Wilder starts getting hit, he has no boxing skills/ trade to fall back onto.

Can only see Fury as the winner here.

Caporegime
I have no idea how or why Malik became Wilder's trainer but I remember his fight with Ortiz and he ran away from him without throwing a punch for 12 rounds. Didn't seem to have an ounce of boxing intellect or ring craft so at least he's on the same wavelength as Wilder.

Associate
As much as I've always disliked Wilder, I'd be over the moon this time if he knocks Fury out. To see the whole pantomime of how he wants another rematch. This division is a joke with the instant rematch clauses. I get it if the fight was controversial, but a clear win shouldn't have straight rematch. A dosser is someone inactive, that's Fury. He spends more energy on social media than he does in the ring.

Hopefully Wilder tags him hard against the run of play while behind on the scorecards. Can't see it, but I can dream.

Soldato
Don't know why I sense an upset this weekend with Wilder landing a big one flush on Furys chin. I hope I'm wrong, Fury should outbox and smash Wilder to pieces and send him into retirement but as it's getting closer, I'm having doubts.

Associate
Fury should takes this, there's always that little thing though where you can't write off a big puncher like Wilder and he's probably going to come out guns blazing as it's his only real shot to win. I'm leaning heavily towards Fury again, but will likely be thinking the worst every time Wilder lands or gets close :D

Soldato
Don't know why I sense an upset this weekend with Wilder landing a big one flush on Furys chin. I hope I'm wrong, Fury should outbox and smash Wilder to pieces and send him into retirement but as it's getting closer, I'm having doubts.

Fury took Wilder's best shots in the first fight, even picked himself up in Hollywood style, when everyone thought he was out for the count.

I just don't see Wilder winning.

I'd love to see Fury against Usyk for the uniforcation

Soldato
As much as I've always disliked Wilder, I'd be over the moon this time if he knocks Fury out. To see the whole pantomime of how he wants another rematch. This division is a joke with the instant rematch clauses. I get it if the fight was controversial, but a clear win shouldn't have straight rematch. A dosser is someone inactive, that's Fury. He spends more energy on social media than he does in the ring.

Hopefully Wilder tags him hard against the run of play while behind on the scorecards. Can't see it, but I can dream.

you do realise that Wilder activated a rematch clause not Fury don’t you. He was Robbed the first fight too. The division is a joke but that’s boxing, rematch clauses should be sacked off and it should just be fight the next mandatory. Also Fury hasn’t been that inactive since his comeback, no more so than anyone else.

Ill go Fury to hopefully end the trilogy once and for all. That being said I hope he prepared as well as his last, Wilder always has a punches chance.

Soldato
I don't think Wilder will win a round, he barely won a round against Ortiz, but I still think he could put Fury on the canvas at any point with his power, but that's literally his only chance.

That is unless Fury comes out and has totally gone to **** but it doesn't look like that's the case, he seems up for it.

Caporegime
Fury should takes this, there's always that little thing though where you can't write off a big puncher like Wilder and he's probably going to come out guns blazing as it's his only real shot to win. I'm leaning heavily towards Fury again, but will likely be thinking the worst every time Wilder lands or gets close :D
I feel the same. I really hope Fury wins, all the cheating stuff and excuses coming from Wilder and his team has left a really bad taste in my mouth.

Conspiracy theories from American Wilder fans are all over Boxing Twitter and YouTube. Can't wait to see their reactions if Fury wins by KO.

Associate
I re-watched the second Fury Wilder fight a few times now. He doesn't just beat him up for the whole 7 rounds. Wilder's power is completely neutralised on the back foot. It's an old addage to back up a puncher to take away his power and it works perfectly. And Wilder is gassed out by round 3 and is tired for the rest of the fight. Wilder doesn't have the stamina to be a threat beyond 3 rounds because the pace will be way too much for him. Ofcourse if Wilder starts fast he could maybe get an early KO. I just think Fury has too much skill and stamina for him.

Soldato
I noticed Wilder as increased his weight too. If he doesn't know how to use it then I think it'll work against him.

I think we'll see the direction of the fight in the first round. Hoping Fury can teach this guy a lesson. I don't know why Wilder has Malik Scott in his corner. He knocked the guy out in under 2 minutes of their fight. Why would you have someone like that in your corner, if only for ego?

Associate
I think we'll see the direction of the fight in the first round. Hoping Fury can teach this guy a lesson. I don't know why Wilder has Malik Scott in his corner. He knocked the guy out in under 2 minutes of their fight. Why would you have someone like that in your corner, if only for ego?

I'd guess at Scott enabling Wilder's narcissistic personality dissorder. He constantly kisses his arse and indulges his conspiracy theories

After the final press conferance Scott agreed with Wilder than Fury was feeling guilty about cheating in the second fight. Insane.

Back
Top Bottom