*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Soldato
Without beating Usyk or Aj? So he beats Wilder then Whyte and that’s enough to call him the best? Not a chance. He can’t take the easy way out. He can easily fight both of them in his next 2, make a load of money and see how he comes out of it.

you dont have to beat every man going to be the best of your generation

as fury said this week on talksport when talking about retiring when do you call a stop, he could beat usyk then someone says oh he should face **** or he should fight **** its never ending

Fury is already the best of his generation, what hes done and where hes done it going to germany and beating klitchko who was on the back of 18 defences then going to america after yearso ut the ring and balooning in weight to beat someone in his own back yard who was banging everyone out for fun

just because you dont like him doesnt mean he isnt the best of his generation. hes the lineal champ end of

Soldato
I think we all agree his record is padded but he’s still unbelievably dangerous as we saw in the first Fury fight.

He’s already the best of his generation. If he retires now, who is better?

Wilder has only ever had a good straight right. He was good at that one punch but that was it. As soon as he would've come up against any half decent fighter he was going to come up short. He was lucky to win the first fight against Ortiz (who himself has beaten no one) when the Doctor decided to give him a random break during the fight when Ortiz already had him on queer street. Do people actually watch fights or just look at records? It's the same as the Spizlka fight, he was clearly losing that against a cruiserweight until that knockout came against the run of play.

There are plenty of other heavyweight fighters he needs to beat before he is crowned the best of his era let alone an all time great. He needs to fight both AJ and Usyk along with other contenders such as Ruiz, Hrgovic and maybe even a Joe Joyce.

You can't become an all time great or clear best of the era with only 3 top 10 wins one of which was 7 years ago.

edit: Also this 'Lineal' championship (which only goes back to Wlad - Lewis rerited thus breaking the lineal line) is nonsense as it's something you don't even have to defend. You can beat the man who beat the man, chuck away all your titles and just fight can after can and still be lineal. It sounds nice but in reality it doesn't mean much

Edit again: I have no argument against Fury being the best heavyweight right now. He clearly is. I just really have an issue with people saying he is an all time great or that he is head and shoulders above everyone else right now. Styles make fights.

You put his record against any of the other All Time Greats and it looks pathetic. Lenox Lewis dominated the division beating all comers and unifying and ended his career beating the very man who would go on and reign supreme with his brother. You have the actual greats like Ali, Foreman and Fraiser who would all fight each other, other actual credible champions. You have Holyfield who came up from Cruiserweight as unified champion and beat actual live heavyweight champions. If you can say with a straight face that Fury and his record belongs in the same breath as those, then I don't know what to say and I'd love to hear your reasoning.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Without beating Usyk or Aj? So he beats Wilder then Whyte and that’s enough to call him the best? Not a chance. He can’t take the easy way out. He can easily fight both of them in his next 2, make a load of money and see how he comes out of it.

We can leave Wlad out of it that was years ago and AJ knocked him out in his 17th fight.

He fought and beat Wlad when he hadn’t been beaten in god knows how long, of course that counts.

I highly doubt he fights both before he retires. He might fight whoever wins the rematch to become undisputed, but it wouldn’t make sense to fight AJ who would be on a 2 fight skid, for example.

Talking about Usyk like he’s suddenly the gate keeper to greatness, hes only had 2 fights at HW and one of those was Chisora. Fury whoops him easily imo.

Permabanned
you dont have to beat every man going to be the best of your generation

as fury said this week on talksport when talking about retiring when do you call a stop, he could beat usyk then someone says oh he should face **** or he should fight **** its never ending

Fury is already the best of his generation, what hes done and where hes done it going to germany and beating klitchko who was on the back of 18 defences then going to america after yearso ut the ring and balooning in weight to beat someone in his own back yard who was banging everyone out for fun

just because you dont like him doesnt mean he isnt the best of his generation. hes the lineal champ end of
Why not? You become the best by beating the best. He beat Wlad fine great win but boring as hell. Fails to rematch him like he should have. AJ does what Fury said he was going to do and knocked him out.

He comes back. Great for him and fair play. Beats Wilder 3 times in my opinion but then I also thought he should have. Then knocks out Whyte which again AJ already did it. Great.

Now he has 2 guys who can also lay a claim to being the best. But according to you he doesn’t need to actually prove it. Usyk has never lost either if that’s you’re metric, and is obviously as skilled if not more than Fury. Don’t punk out, fight him and prove it.

Permabanned
He fought and beat Wlad when he hadn’t been beaten in god knows how long, of course that counts.

I highly doubt he fights both before he retires. He might fight whoever wins the rematch to become undisputed, but it wouldn’t make sense to fight AJ who would be on a 2 fight skid, for example.
Ok but that was an age ago and AJ knocked him out. Who knows if Fury never thought him it might have been Aj who beat him first or maybe Wlad would have avenged his defeat if fury honoured his part of the deal.

Soldato
Ok but that was an age ago and AJ knocked him out. Who knows if Fury never thought him it might have been Aj who beat him first or maybe Wlad would have averaged his defeat if fury honoured his part of the deal.

Fury beat Wlad in his back yard in germany thats a lot different to fighting at wembley because you wont travel

Permabanned
Fury beat Wlad in his back yard in germany thats a lot different to fighting at wembley because you wont travel
Great Fury had 30 odd fights, AJ was a 17 fight novice. 17 fight in and he equaled fury’s greatest achievement and did what Fury failed to do. He pitter pattered his way to a points win AJ knocked him out in a big drama show :D.

Soldato
Nobody can beat the man except maybe Usyk but i think fury uses his size advantage far far better than AJ and Usyk would have a terrible time getting close

Soldato
Amazing how people still can't get their head around Tyson Fury is actually really really good.

Usyk is the only one out there to actually cause him some issues. But still won't be able to beat him.

Caporegime
Ok but that was an age ago and AJ knocked him out. Who knows if Fury never thought him it might have been Aj who beat him first or maybe Wlad would have avenged his defeat if fury honoured his part of the deal.

So AJ knocked him out? AJ also got his ass handed to him by Ruiz Jr. Not sure where this is going.

AJ already has 2 defeats on his record and just got whooped by a cruiserweight. AJ has nothing for Fury.

Soldato
It's not that I can't get my head around him being very good. He has shown that. My issue is with people acting like he is an all time great and that no one can beat him when his resume is thin and arguably has a loss on there to John McDermott and was lucky to not have the fight with Wallin stopped due to the cut.

he's getting called all these things when he still has contenders and other contemporaries to fight. I don't think it's too much to ask him to have a better resume for the level he appears to be at.

look at it this way. If Whyte is as bad as everyone says - he is probably the 3rd best win on Tyson's record. Just think about that.

Soldato
be a shame to not see Fury fight again, his style is unique and it would be a loss to the heavy weight to not have him on the cards. Would love to see him go against either AJ or Usyk, well both tbh.
I dont think you could class him as the best of this era without at least seeing him go against one of them.

Associate
Why not? You become the best by beating the best. He beat Wlad fine great win but boring as hell. Fails to rematch him like he should have. AJ does what Fury said he was going to do and knocked him out.
How old was wlad when AJ beat him? How active was he? Not sure how you can compare this.
AJ beat him as he gassed.

Soldato
be a shame to not see Fury fight again, his style is unique and it would be a loss to the heavy weight to not have him on the cards. Would love to see him go against either AJ or Usyk, well both tbh.
I dont think you could class him as the best of this era without at least seeing him go against one of them.

If Fury does in fact retire, I get the feeling we'll be seeing him in the WWE next.

Back
Top Bottom