*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Associate
Watched it again and had a look at the punch statistics, Whyte was awful. Fury was always going to make him look bad and I fully expected him to win, but I thought we'd at least see more fire from Whyte. Not sure where he goes from here, he's pretty much filling the spot that Chisora did now, there's been no improvement for years and it's hard to see it happening at this stage.

Fury I imagine will take the winner of AJ/Usyk, I think he cleans out AJ and beats Usyk (albeit with more difficulty). After that I don't think there's anything else he really needs to do, money certainly won't be an issue. It would give him a very strong case of being the best of this era if he wins, even with the low number of defences.

Soldato
There's not much room for debate if he beats either AJ/Usyk (I still want to see him fight both. Styles make fights) that he would become best of his era. Where he stands in the ATG list though? I would be shocked to see if was even in the top 10 or hall of famer. I don't actually think legacy matters to him though and that's fine for him but the fans will always have a discussion about it.

I'm actually really annoyed by Whytes performance. I thought he'd do something but he ended up doing nothing and losing every single round. This was his moment and he completely wasted his shot. I still like him as a personality but I think he's now shown while he is good, he isn't quite top tier. He's had a decent career though, not everyone can become world champion.

Caporegime
Whyte giving it large saying Fury pushed him over, he banged his head that’s why he couldn’t continue :p

I think he must still be buzzed.

"I was buzzed but obviously I was trying to regather my senses and he proper pushed me and I fell over and hit my head on the canvas which is illegal. This isn't wrestling, this is boxing. I should have been allowed extra time to recover and then carried on fighting" - Dillian Whyte

https://www.skysports.com/boxing/ne...over-after-illegal-tyson-fury-push-at-wembley

Caporegime
Just read that article. If anything, Fury took it easy on him and could've banged him out far earlier had he upped the tempo sooner.

Debateable chin, no stamina, no technique, one good punch and a very big mouth. Hope they stick him in a ring with Wilder next so we can have a windmill-off.

Soldato
Not sure if Dillian even landed a shot. I would miss Tyson if he does retire, his story is a movie for sure. Loved his autobiography.

I am hoping the winner of AJ/Usyk for all the belts at the end of the year

Soldato
Just read that article. If anything, Fury took it easy on him and could've banged him out far earlier had he upped the tempo sooner.

Debateable chin, no stamina, no technique, one good punch and a very big mouth. Hope they stick him in a ring with Wilder next so we can have a windmill-off.

The best part of that interview is that he thought he “gave as good as I got”. Delusional.

Whyte is bang average. He's never been anything else really. He couldn't lay a glove on Fury and got suckered by an uppercut . The same punch that Povetkin nailed him with and AJ finished him with. He deserved a shot but it was barely a contest. He's done well to achieve what he has in the sport but all that's left for him is another tear up with Del boy Chisora.

Soldato
So which boxing organistions title is the most prestigious or is it even? Wbo, wba, ibf , wbo ect

The WBC is the belt most want due to the history. But the actual WBC themselves leave a lot to be desired. They seem to make new belts whenever they fancy (the money belt, the Mayan belt, the union belt etc) and take forever to actually enforce their mandatories. The IBF as an organisation are probably the most respectful. They will strip you without hesitation if you don't honour your mandatory obligations.

The WBA need to clean up their rankings as they have too many 'champions'. You can be world champion, interim champion or super champion - all at world level. I believe they're trying to change it but they were included in the original 3 belt era.

I don't think anyone at the moment counts the IBO as a 'real' belt

Soldato
As always it does depend on what the judge prefers to see from a fighter.

In saying that.. I really wanted Whyte to win but I couldn't even give him a single round even if I had wanted to. Outclassed from start to finish.

Associate
It has to be boxing only for Fury. Introduce any other kind of MMA stuff and Fury gets murdered. Mayweather knew that when he fought McGregor.

I reckon traditional thai rules in MMA gloves would make it a little more even. I'm sure Fury can throw knees, elbows and probably a half decent front kick. He could get used to checkings kicks in a few months. Introduce grappling and submissions and it's likely just a Tony v's Cotoure replay..

On the flip side of that there's Mercer vs Silvia where there was supposedly a gentlemen's agreement just to box (which Silva broke after a few seconds).

Soldato
The womens undisputed lightweight champion is fighting at MSG this Saturday. The first time a womans fight as headlined at MSG.

Katie Taylor is defending her WBA, WBC, IBF, WBO and The Ring titles against the number one contender Amanda Surrano. Amanda is the WBC, WBO, IBO featherweight champion.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom