*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Soldato
Yeah Zhang seems like a very dangerous opponent for someone like Wilder - he's big heavy and comes forward, it reminds me of Wilder v Ortiz, where Wilder only just managed to get himself out of there with KO, up until that point he got very badly roughed up.

And he was saved by the doctor in their first fight.

Zhang is a big old southpaw that seems to have power in what appears to be arm punches. If Wilder can avoid those he may be OK but if fighters like Molina can put him onto Queer street, I can't see why Zhang can't spark him out.

Zhang needs to come in a bit lighter though. He looked gassed before the mid rounds by Parker but Parker moves a lot more than someone like Wilder. Quite an intriguing fight really

Soldato
And he was saved by the doctor in their first fight.

Zhang is a big old southpaw that seems to have power in what appears to be arm punches. If Wilder can avoid those he may be OK but if fighters like Molina can put him onto Queer street, I can't see why Zhang can't spark him out.

Zhang needs to come in a bit lighter though. He looked gassed before the mid rounds by Parker but Parker moves a lot more than someone like Wilder. Quite an intriguing fight really

100%

Wilders legs were a joke in the last fight, they were like literal matchsticks and he'll really struggle against a big strong bruiser like Zhang who can get physical with him in close..

But it definitely is an intriguing fight, it's one I really do want to see - provided Wilder's heart is still in the game, as it feels like he might have turned into a bit of a hippie in recent times...

We'll see!

Soldato
Haney vs Garcia this weekend. Haney wins this one, probabaly by stoppage down the stretch. I think Ryan Garcia is finished after this, he doesn't live the life of a top tier boxer anymore.
Just saw a bit of the press conference for this. WTF was Garcia on, ****** and blinding like no bodies business, making bets, calling out someone's mum??

Last edited:
Soldato
Haney vs Garcia this weekend. Haney wins this one, probabaly by stoppage down the stretch. I think Ryan Garcia is finished after this, he doesn't live the life of a top tier boxer anymore.

Haney has won more fights by points than stoppages and Ryan has only been stopped once by a total freak who has a near 100% KO record.

I think Haney will have to grind out a points win and avoid getting KO`d himself by the harder puncher.

I really dont like Ryan but he has got more power than Haney.

Soldato
Haney has won more fights by points than stoppages and Ryan has only been stopped once by a total freak who has a near 100% KO record.

I think Haney will have to grind out a points win and avoid getting KO`d himself by the harder puncher.

I really dont like Ryan but he has got more power than Haney.
You think Garcia is coming to win? lol

Soldato
That's a bit IF

Haney is very tough and has great defence so its not likely but i do believe Ryan will genuinely try to stop Haney and not let it go to the judges

I dont like the guy but i dont think he is a coward or just turning up to get paid like some are saying

Soldato
Garcia shouldn’t even be getting in the ring, lad is mentally unwell and off the rails. Too many sharks want their money though so no one is gonna pull him out for his own good.

it does have a wiff of that for sure.... Too many "hangers on" etc - All getting to ride the coat tails.

Soldato
Yup not to make the weight at this level is scandalous, glad to see haney is being compensated for it.

Garcia needs help, the guy clearly has problems and probably shouldn't be in a ring

Soldato
What do you mean?
A high profile fighter like Garcia with a big following who is clearly compromised/suggestable, evident by the things he says and his performance in the Tank Davis fight.
Who is selling this fight? not Haney the man is boring AF, His handlers can springboard his career on the back of this fight.
Reason enough..

Back
Top Bottom