The official Ces 2019 laptops

Soldato
Why is RTX2070 so underwhelming in a laptop? a GTX1070 - RTX2070 in desktop is like going from a GTX1070 to somewhere inbetween a 1080 / 1080Ti?

Isn't it the case the RTX2070 laptops (not Max-Q) are full fat and should only be a smidge under the desktop equivalent, and when "overclocked" should be on part with desktop equivilant?

Associate
Why is RTX2070 so underwhelming in a laptop? a GTX1070 - RTX2070 in desktop is like going from a GTX1070 to somewhere inbetween a 1080 / 1080Ti?

Isn't it the case the RTX2070 laptops (not Max-Q) are full fat and should only be a smidge under the desktop equivalent, and when "overclocked" should be on part with desktop equivilant?

I'm guessing silicon issues at TSMC causing the poorer binned GPUs to be put into mobile devices.

I'm hoping that either AMD release something acceptable on the mobile front or the next gen from Nvidia are a lot more impressive than this gen.

Associate
Kitguru has posed an in-depth review of the Gigabyte Aero 15-X9 with RTX 2070 Max-Q with benchmarks and screenshots of the internals

https://www.kitguru.net/lifestyle/m...gabyte-aero-15-x9-review-with-rtx-2070-max-q/

That's cool and everything but is there anything actually affordable (i.e. within the £1,000-1500 price range) that someone can get with decent graphics? I like the Aero and everything and given an endless budget I'd buy it in a heartbeat but my money just doesn't go that far. I've even been looking at getting a "downgraded" 1070 model but they're still too expensive - why?

Associate
Personally I think they should do away with webcams altogether - the ones integrated into a laptop are never that good.
When was the last time any of us used a webcam for any length of time? I think the last time I did was about 10 years ago!

This.

Man of Honour
Has anyone any first hand experience with the new MSI Raider? I'm interested to see how noisy it is - reviews have said it is quieter than the others by some way but still noisier than the 1070 GT (which I have). This GT is incredibly quiet all things considered, and I really can't tolerate a loud constant fan - it will be primarily in the lounge, so it will be in everyones earshot.

Back
Top Bottom