**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Soldato
Looking for a nice and simple entry level Dad friendly phone,

Think either an MiA2 for £100 or a Redmi 7 (both phones 3GB+32Gb versions) But the Redmi 7 has a larger battery.
Third option is a Note 5 and get 4GB+64GB but don't think that performance is really required by the old man.

Wanted to check though, I've an MiA1 and really like it about 2 years on, didn't know the MiA2 is already a year old, is a new version due anytime soon? Maybe worth waiting for? Budget would be £150 max if looking at other options.

Permabanned
Looking for a nice and simple entry level Dad friendly phone,

Think either an MiA2 for £100 or a Redmi 7 (both phones 3GB+32Gb versions) But the Redmi 7 has a larger battery.
Third option is a Note 5 and get 4GB+64GB but don't think that performance is really required by the old man.

Wanted to check though, I've an MiA1 and really like it about 2 years on, didn't know the MiA2 is already a year old, is a new version due anytime soon? Maybe worth waiting for? Budget would be £150 max if looking at other options.

VKWorld S8 https://www.kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-vkworld-s8

Soldato
I think so mate, updates on my redmi 5 plus stopped months ago and yet I got a 1.8GB update on my pocophone f1 today. They seem to do what they want now that they are massive.

Soldato
No worries, the way they are going on I am going to buy another brand, I have used Xiaomi phones for years and they have been great but now they seem to kick out another phone a day and then leave the older stuff hanging. My poco f1 is great but I cannot see anything tasty that they are bringing out.

Associate
I've just been given a Chinese Honor 8x but its got a locked bootloader so I cant put on the international (google containing) SKU. Does anyone know of any work arounds or is it a (very pretty) brick?

Associate
i have a note4X currently, whats the difference between a Mi and a Redmi?
shall i go for the Mi9 or the Redmi Note 7 pro or something?
All depends on the budget. Mi 9 and mi 9SE have AMOLED screens. I don't think there is note 7 pro global version so be careful if it will work with your network provider.

Back
Top Bottom