***** The Official Division Thread *****

Associate
I'm thinking of getting back into this. Since destiny 2 turned out to be such a disappointment, I think this can full the void. It is definitely a very good game, can't go wrong for a tenner!

Associate
Used to play this on the PS4 when it came out a couple of years ago... Paid 7.99 to pick this back up for the Xb1X in Argos. Plays a hell of a lot smoother and looks a lot better than I remember on the PS4 even though there hasn't been a specific update for Xb1X Enhanced?

Real bargain for a game with such an amount of content (even without the DLC modes).

Am I right in thinking you dont 'need' the DLC to own the Exotic guns like the Bullfrog, House and Big Alejandro etc? As well as the Classified gear sets?

If anyone wants to add me up for some shenanigans, my gamertag is Shawreyboy.

Associate
Am I right in thinking you dont 'need' the DLC to own the Exotic guns like the Bullfrog, House and Big Alejandro etc? As well as the Classified gear sets?

Yes, they're available for all players. You won't be able to access the Underground, Survival and The Last Stand.

You've just missed the Ambush global event. I've just started playing this again, think my last play was patch 1.5 so really rusty at first.

Associate
Yes, they're available for all players. You won't be able to access the Underground, Survival and The Last Stand.

You've just missed the Ambush global event. I've just started playing this again, think my last play was patch 1.5 so really rusty at first.

Thanks for confirming. The Underground was pretty decent as I remember playing that and getting to level 40. Didn't play Survival or Last Stand as by then it had died and I'd moved back on to other things like D1.

I've been watching a few good streams from Streamerhouse and Llnk on the Global Event. I've had to start afresh last night so only level 4 and therefore, not too fussed on missing out. Going to grind up to level 30 again and try and get onto World Tier 5.

Hoping by the time the next GE comes around I'll be there. Only get a few hours a night and weekends (thanks to the Girlfriend) are pretty impossible to get any good gaming time in.

Shawrey

Associate
Associate
I missed the previous 3 GE, so slow getting the new classified gear sets. The strong gear sets everyone is using are: strikers, nomad and predators mark. You can also do a 'hexo' (hi end exotic) build.

They've added the optimisation station now, which boosts your stats on weapons and gear, uses credits and division tech.

This is a handy guide for 1.8: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Hrdldw_X6qOtYIEGHvaWVHp6RUpX9WLInPqdPthJG74/mobilebasic

Awesome! The guide should come in handy. Also I did wonder about this optimisation station as the big streamers sometimes go there and are whizzing through things its hard to follow sometimes.

I see responsive, destructive, stable and ferocious are the main weapon talents to look for? Brutal is no longer the meta? Whereas accuracy and armour/elite/named damage is more preferrable especially for builds like Strikers with the 100 stacks?

Its clearly been a while since I was into building the gear and optimizing rolls and such :p:p

Shawrey

Associate
Brutal not so much for consoles, as it harder to land the headshots. Unforgiving and predatory also good talents to look out for. Get as much crit hot chance and damage on your weapon mods, especially for the SMGs.

I'm online most nights, roam the dz for farming, happy for you to join. (gamertag: th3wu)

Si.

Si.

Soldato
Any tips on leveling gear? I'm at 278-280 (Depending on what I use, but don't seem to be able to get anything higher to drop.

Does the level of the gear that drops depend on what you;re wearing? So should I always wear my best gear? I tens to not as I want to keep gear sets together.

Associate
Any tips on leveling gear? I'm at 278-280 (Depending on what I use, but don't seem to be able to get anything higher to drop.

Does the level of the gear that drops depend on what you;re wearing? So should I always wear my best gear? I tens to not as I want to keep gear sets together.

Im not that high yet, but after watching some of the good streamers like Jesus at Streamerhouse and Llnk (soon to be at Streamerhouse) the general consensus seems to be that GS doesn't mean anything and its the purely stats that determine your TTK and survival rate in an encounter. You could have GS at 288 with a load of mismatched gear and get ganked by a 280 with properly specced gear.

Shawrey

Associate
Once you get your full 6 piece classified set, then I would recalibrate and optimise. Make sure you get the crit chance/crit dmg on the weapon and armour mods. Builds wise, for striker it's either high stamina (9k) or even firearms/stamina (6k/6k) to proc the 6th piece talent. Preds Mark (9k stamina) and Nomad I got for high firearms as the set gives you health on kills.

RNGesus loves or hates you in dropping classified pieces. Took me over 2 weeks of DZ grinding to get my final Striker kneepads.

Good luck.

Si.

Si.

Soldato
I'm still tweaking my build and going between Strker and Nomad.. (only 4 piece, not enough classified yet).

What's the current thought on weapons? I'm currently using am Exotic Urban MDR, but rotating my 2nd slot between a G63-C, LVOA-C, or an MP5-n. Which is best? (I don't have a lightweight M4 yet)

Associate
Strikers: The House & LWM4 or SASG/The Showstopper & The House/LWM4 (shottys good to get the stacks up quick).
Nomad: The House & LWM4.

Associate
Destiny 2 refugee back into this. I left just after the first incursion dropped. Really liking it again. Need to get back into the DZ, it's not my favourite while solo. If there are any PS4 guys who don't mind a returning player tagging along, give me a shout. GS is about 275 so I'm not a complete noob.

PSN is MachM82

Back
Top Bottom