**** The Official Google Nexus 6P Thread ****

Soldato
Wireless charging is so operated and slow. With my n6 I don't want to use anything other than the moto turbo charger as a quick 15mins gives me enough to do whatever I need to do.

I Agree strange to not have it though.

Man of Honour
Wireless charging is so operated and slow. With my n6 I don't want to use anything other than the moto turbo charger as a quick 15mins gives me enough to do whatever I need to do.

I Agree strange to not have it though.

If it had a magnetic snap away cable I would agree, next phone I want wireless charging, charging ports constantly break. Fast charging is great for occasional use, but most days charging whilst asleep is fine, and then cable for fast charge when needed.

Man of Honour
I like it as I have pads scattered around the house and one at work - no fiddling with cables. It's just there plonk it on the pad and it's charging.

Agree it is a bit of an inessential feature, but it is still something I like.

Man of Honour
flagship phones you shouldn't have to choose.
Specs are looking worse for this all the time. Will see what the official specs are tomorrow,

If I'm going to compromise, might as well get one of the very capable £300 or sub phones that have sd card support and most of the other features.

Soldato
I like it as I have pads scattered around the house and one at work - no fiddling with cables. It's just there plonk it on the pad and it's charging.

Agree it is a bit of an inessential feature, but it is still something I like.
Does the excessive heat during the charging process not bother you? I recently gave wireless charging a go on my Note4 and the heat made me concerned about the long term life of that battery so I went back to corded charging :/

Associate
been using exclusive wireless charging since the nexus 4 and i can't say i have noticed a degradation in battery life beyond that which i would expect over a life time. Suppose it really depends how long you expect to keep your phone, but even then not sure if it actually makes any long term difference.

Man of Honour
Does the excessive heat during the charging process not bother you? I recently gave wireless charging a go on my Note4 and the heat made me concerned about the long term life of that battery so I went back to corded charging :/

Doesn't seem to get excessively hot and it disconnects/stops charging when full.

My phone is 2 years old and still holds a charge for a whole day.

Back
Top Bottom