**** The Official Google Nexus 6P Thread ****

Soldato
6p compared to N6

Just watching the launch video and he mentions they've maximised the area of the screen to be 74% of the overall device, which I thought was the figure for the previous Nexus 6, and definitely doesn't look the same. He said it means its roughly the same size phone as many with 5.5" screens, not sure about that?

Man of Honour
Some details on the camera sensor used on both Nexus (Nexii?) phones.

Sensor: Sony IMX377

The IMX377CQT is a diagonal 7.81 mm (Type 1/2.3) CMOS image sensor with a color square pixel array and approximately 12.35 M effective pixels. 12-bit digital output makes it possible to output the signals of approximately 12.35 M effective pixels with high definition for shooting still pictures.
It also operates with three power supply voltages : analog 2.8 V, digital 1.2 V, and 1.8 V for I/O interface and achieves low power consumption.
Furthermore, it realizes 12-bit digital output for shooting high-speed and high-definition moving pictures by horizontal and vertical addition and subsampling. Realizing high-sensitivity, low dark current, this sensor also has an electronic shutter function with variable storage time.

It is not used in any other smartphone.

Sensor capabilities:
- 300 fps 720p (HD) (first to beat the iPhone's 240 fps).
- 120 fps 1080p (FHD).
- 60 fps at 2160p (UHD 4K).

But is limited to 30fps @ 4K and 240fps @ 720P most likely due to being bottlenecked by the SoC. Post on reddit speculates that a Nexus running the SD820 would ideally be mated to this sensor and get the most out of its abilities.

Still, 120fps at 1080p is pretty impressive.

I wonder if we will see RAW image samples over coming days, looking forward to those.

Update.
Here are camera samples from the 6P: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B4Io8AvO6QzvSjhJRFBkVUI3ZDQ&usp=sharing

Update 2.
Beautiful 60fps hands on footage, really shows off the handset. More hands on videos should be shot at 60fps.

Last edited:
Soldato
November 5-9 delivery date for 64GB Graphite. Very excited about this, first Nexus since the N4. Price is a little different this time around, but being on the cutting edge of android again will be nice. LG G2 has been a good worker and I was on the verge of getting an LG G4, but I've definitely got caught in the hype of the 6P.

Caporegime
Boo,

The 6p is too big I think

The 5x isn't good enough at all for the price. Really want front stereo speakers on my next phone and bigger battery than 2700

Looks like the search continues.

Associate
If those polished chamfered edges are anything like the Note 4's, then they will scratch & pit very very easily even with just putting it in or taking it out of a case.

Associate
Estimated delivery date: 28 – 30 October 2015 1 Nexus 6P (64GB, LTE, Aluminium) £499.00

But I did order about 5 mins after the conference and bit of common sense in web link schemes...

https://store.google.com/product/nexus_6

Guess what 6p be....

Going from one plus one I've had niggles and 1 major issue.... and be an upgrade
I had nexus 4 previously before that and loved it. would have prefer 6p having SD820 but I don't think they are massively producing it yet. Which probably be in the next nexus.

Associate
Does the z5 and z5 premium have dual speakers or just a single one at the bottom?

That's one thing I love about my n6 is the speakers, can't understand why more high end phones still only have one at the bottom or rear.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom