**** The Official Google Nexus 6P Thread ****

Soldato
OP
On September 29, 2015, Google unveiled launch devices for Marshmallow: the LG Electronics-produced Nexus 5X, the Huawei-produced Nexus 6P, and the in-house Pixel C tablet.[10][11] Android 6.0 updates and factory images for Nexus 5, 6, 7 (2013), 9, and Player were released on October 5, 2015,[12] with over-the-air updates following shortly after.

So what I meant to say is just after the new Nexus launch.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Installed, all good. :)

BBC sport app works again.
Cool new animation when installing the update.
Still no dark/night mode.

EDIT:

tlMsJmKl.jpg

:D

Last edited:
Associate
Back with a 6P (from a 5X) for a week now.

Oddly, my reason for changing (again) last time was the size... after about four months with the 5X though, the 6P doesn't feel as big as it did last time! Think I now realise why my mates used to call me "magpie"... wasn't the sad devotion to an ancient religion (NUFC), it's the constant changing of tech toys.

Soldato
Back with a 6P (from a 5X) for a week now.

Oddly, my reason for changing (again) last time was the size... after about four months with the 5X though, the 6P doesn't feel as big as it did last time! Think I now realise why my mates used to call me "magpie"... wasn't the sad devotion to an ancient religion (NUFC), it's the constant changing of tech toys.

I no longer find my 6p big at all, it's amazing how quickly you get used to it. When using the mrs 5x I need a magnifying glass. Forget using my mums iphone 5s :eek:

Associate
Guys, I'm having a play with android again and must admit, the 6P is rather good. Quality is fantastic along with the screen and performance.

I have a question though if anyone can help: In the Photos app > Backup & Sync > "Choose folders to back up..." there's probably 100+ folders called 0,1,2,a,b,c etc... I'm pretty sure they are WhatsApp media folders on the root partition (adding .nomedia to the sdcard>WhatsApp>WhatsApp media folders does nothing). How can i get rid of these as options to backup ?

Soldato
Guys, I'm having a play with android again and must admit, the 6P is rather good. Quality is fantastic along with the screen and performance.

I have a question though if anyone can help: In the Photos app > Backup & Sync > "Choose folders to back up..." there's probably 100+ folders called 0,1,2,a,b,c etc... I'm pretty sure they are WhatsApp media folders on the root partition (adding .nomedia to the sdcard>WhatsApp>WhatsApp media folders does nothing). How can i get rid of these as options to backup ?

Yeah had something similar. You could use a file explorer app or connect the phone to a PC and sort them out there however I am still not sure that would make them disappear from the folder selection box.

If you know you have deleted them you could reinstall the photos app ? Or clear the data

Associate
Thanks jimlad. It won't let me delete the files actually. I used whazzap migrator to bring over my WhatsApp chats and media from the iPhone. I'm thinking it's the leftovers from that on the root partition? so the only way to get rid if it is that would be to root and then delete with a root explorer?

EDIT: To refine that a little more, is it possible to delete files in the /storage/emulated/0/> folder without root?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom