**** The Official Google Pixel 4 Thread ****

Soldato
I don't need to upgrade my phone, but as I want to get into Android operating system development (not app development), I need a Pixel device. I've been thinking about the Pixel 3a as just a phone for programming, but then I thought I might as well wait for the Pixel 4 to see what that is like. If it isn't that good, the Pixel 3a price should still fall in price so I could get one of those later on.

Is anyone else waiting to hear about the Pixel 4 phones?

Soldato
OP
Yeah, the camera is probably going to be its most significant selling point and as I'm just getting into filming things with a phone that is another thing I'll have to consider. Having said that I don't have any problems really with the camera on the OnePlus 6. It might not be the best, but it is usable.

Soldato
OP
I've already got a notch on my OnePlus 6 so if the Pixel 4 had one it wouldn't bother me so much. Of course, it would be better if there wasn't one, but it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.

Soldato
OP
Bezels are underrated. I complained for a long time about my S7 Edge and its accidental touches. Then the S8 came out and some tech blogger claimed all the problems were solved, I argued that they were not, and they blocked me! :D Yet here we are, still having problems with dodgy edge detection in 2019.

Yeah, bezel-less phones certainly do LOOK better - but the usability is just not there for me. Bezels have a practical function. Just give me some nice meaty front firing speakers and I'll be happy.

I agree but then I don't have a problem with the notch on my OnePlus 6 either so maybe I'm just weird :). Honestly though I think I'll get the Pixel 4 no matter what. I need stock Android for programming so everything else is a secondary concern for me.

Soldato
OP
Latest rumours suggesting we’ll see a 90hz screen which is very positive and interesting, but tempered by a feeble 6gb RAM and unimpressive battery size of 3700mAh for the larger 6.3” version.

And of course the vast upper notch splitting the screen almost in two.

If they had a special edition with 8GB of RAM and a larger battery I would be highly tempted.

Soldato
OP
It is all down to price for me now. If they price it like a flagship, I'm not going to touch it, but if it is reasonable, it'll be worth picking up just for programming.

Back
Top Bottom