****The Official Gravel Bike Gallery Thread****

Soldato
OP
Oh nice ! I had one on order, but eventually cancelled after several delays then the new Stiggy being released - it was if it was meant to be :D

How do you find the floating bars?

Yeah the 40mm tyres are awesome off road but a tad draining in the legs on the road. The trade off once you get off-road makes up for it though

I have a spare wheel set of tubeless 28mm GP5000 for road cycling which is (for me) a brilliant set up comfort and speed wise. Truly flexible bike solution

Now more pics :D

Soldato
OP
Very nice !!

Mate of mine had the same bike and loves it :D

Funny you should mention is being a cx - I only found out after buying the stiggy that it was originally called so due to its "cross" origins :p

Love the colouring, very nice indeed

Soldato
OP
Agree, the (in my case 40mm) wider gravel tires take it out of your legs more that the roadie tyres but more that make up for it on the rougher road surface and off road stuff, especially if running a bit softer.

My gravel and road wheelset are both running tubeless as well so can drop the pressure a bit further.

Soldato
OP
Nice budget and yes the Topstone is a cracking bike I know three or four people with them and they all love them.

I did look at the Topstone and Grail and plumped for the Grail. I eventually canceled the order after numerous delays and shocking CS by Canyon.

Must have been fate as the day I cancelled I saw the new Stigmata and despite it being way over what i was looking to pay the man maths soon convinced me it was the one to go for :D

Let us know how you get on

Soldato
OP
I actually ordered one but got sick of the constant delays and **** poor CS from Canyon so cancelled.and went with the Stigmata instead

So glad I dod, love it and in hindsight think the floating bars may be a bit of a.gimik

Soldato
OP
@Begbie they are and had me sold :p

Just not sure on their longevity and what happens if they go EOL a d you need to swap them out

May also be some sour grapes as Canyon wouldn't take my money :D

E: @explicit4u - they were terrible, over a week to reply to emails and then not answering the question. Live chat hardly ever live / working and then terrible responses again not answering questions. Biggest eye opener was their attitude when I wanted to cancel my order it was like they were expecting it and couldn't give a ****

Soldato
OP
Few from tonight

IMG-20200625-193857-01.jpg

IMG-20200625-200528-01.jpg

Back
Top Bottom