**** The Official Huawei P20 Thread ****

Caporegime
Don't worry about getting official parts just get whatever.
Also good luck with all the hair dryers and solvent you'll be using :p

You'll probably get it apart ok but getting together again the same, unless you are super patient and precise, is probably unlikely.

Permabanned
Hey guys. I've had my huawei p20 pro for almost 2 years now. I'm looking to buy myself a new midnight blue back, new battery and a Usb port or something to clean it with so my charger stay in.

Where do we get spare parts from? Any way to know if the bay have genuine parts with corresponding part numbers? I guess I can take mine apart to find out lol.

I like the phone don't fancy upgrading yet as I don't need to. Would like to give my phone a bit of love back after surviving 2 years with me haha.
did my charge port..bout 20 mins to do .. very tiny screws about 20 odd of them ..theres a vid how to do it on the tube

Soldato
Hey guys. I've had my huawei p20 pro for almost 2 years now. I'm looking to buy myself a new midnight blue back, new battery and a Usb port or something to clean it with so my charger stay in.

Where do we get spare parts from? Any way to know if the bay have genuine parts with corresponding part numbers? I guess I can take mine apart to find out lol.

I like the phone don't fancy upgrading yet as I don't need to. Would like to give my phone a bit of love back after surviving 2 years with me haha.

I recently replaced the battery in mine, and it was a real ballache.

Getting the back off was OK, as was removing the various internal parts to get to the battery. Unfortunately, the battery is also stuck into the case with some really strong tape, and it took me about an hour of prying and dripping isopropyl down to finally get it out :(

I also couldn't find any of the correct adhesive tape to put the back on properly - when you take it off, it's quite thick & spongy, but I tried a couple of replacements and they were all just thin plastic tape - seems to hold it ok (and it's in a case all the time anyway) but not confident it's retained the waterproof rating...

Associate
Bit of a necro, but I had some Huawei updates (Gallery? I wasn't paying too much attention) on Tuesday, followed by some app updates a few hours later, and my battery life has reduced from 2.5/3 days (I'm a v light user), to barely getting a day out of it

I don't know whether this could be the battery suddenly degrading or a software problem - anyone any ideas?

Thanks

Permabanned
Bit of a necro, but I had some Huawei updates (Gallery? I wasn't paying too much attention) on Tuesday, followed by some app updates a few hours later, and my battery life has reduced from 2.5/3 days (I'm a v light user), to barely getting a day out of it

I don't know whether this could be the battery suddenly degrading or a software problem - anyone any ideas?

Thanks
yeah they want you to upgrade .. apple did the same thing .. i don't do updates .. :p
will be a prog to say you have such left .. when battery is full ..

Back
Top Bottom