*** The Official iOS 13 Thread ***

Caporegime
Has anyone tried using an Xbone controller to play Steam Link games yet? I tried playing Hitman 2 with the touch controls on my iPad but I'm not keen on that method, I think a gamepad would work much better.

Soldato
A quick question to anyone testing this. The feature to import photos onto the iPad via the USB port - either from a USB C card or from a camera - was speculated and has now been confirmed, I understand.

But does it also work the other way, i.e. can photos and video be exported from the iPad / iPhone back to an external device such as a USB C stick?

Soldato
A quick question to anyone testing this. The feature to import photos onto the iPad via the USB port - either from a USB C card or from a camera - was speculated and has now been confirmed, I understand.

But does it also work the other way, i.e. can photos and video be exported from the iPad / iPhone back to an external device such as a USB C stick?
As far as I'm aware yes.

Soldato
That's perfect. If they can bring out a USB C iPhone this year when I think I can ditch the iPad as well. Fab. Just need to see if the iPad can power my external USB hdd, or whether I'll need to upgrade to an ssd.

Soldato
I'm really concerned about the potential removal of force touch on the newer models. I use it daily to select, highlight and edit text with a single digit using various pressure levels.

I fear if they remove it they're going to totally shaft those of use that actually use our smartphones as productivity mobile computing devices and knock us back a few years compared to laptops and desktops, which is weird seeing as so many of the iOS13 updates seem aimed as making iOS a much more capable overall computing platform :(

If they ditch force touch after ditching mag safe it will feel like they're dead set on completely tossing out the window some of the best innovations Apple ever made.

Back
Top Bottom