*** The Official iOS 16 Thread ***

Associate
Just installed it. So far it works…

Profile available here :-

Cutting out photo of my dog and cat is fun, also lock screen options are cool.

Only apps not working are some of banking ones which is typical for beta release.

Microsoft Teams not working on some group team conversations, it crashes out if I click on it. Individual chat threads are fine. Might be a deal breaker on running this as daily driver.

Here is a Google Spreadsheet that is being updated by Reddit users that show application status on beta, it may help you decide if you can tolerate the beta as daily driver

Last edited:
Soldato
I’ve installed it on my iPad only and immediately set the zoom levels to more space. It’s amazing, the screen estate is used far more sensibly now.

Soldato
It’s a shame you need an M1 device to use the best features eg. zoom and stage.

I didn’t know M1 was required for those features. That’s a right pain. I’m on a second gen iPad Pro and didn’t expect features to be hardware limited just quite yet.

Associate
I didn’t know M1 was required for those features. That’s a right pain. I’m on a second gen iPad Pro and didn’t expect features to be hardware limited just quite yet.
Yeah although I'm using a 2018 11" iPad Pro (bought in Feb 20), I definitely didn't think we'd be missing features, but then the tech is 4 years old at this point so probably to be expected?

I'm definitely of the thinking that an iPhone, M1/2 MacBook and Apple Watch is the best combo these days.

Associate
banking apps on a whole never work on beta versions of ios. It takes until around 3-4 for them to all work properly.

Starling OK so far, iPadOS on a 2022 iPad Air… no doubt that’ll be broken at some point!

@Cromulent I don’t think they’ve actually released the Freeform app yet. It’s definitely not pre-installed on the build, and doesn’t appear in App Store as yet.

Soldato
Starling OK so far, iPadOS on a 2022 iPad Air… no doubt that’ll be broken at some point!

@Cromulent I don’t think they’ve actually released the Freeform app yet. It’s definitely not pre-installed on the build, and doesn’t appear in App Store as yet.
Thank you. I'll wait for some more information then. I don't want to install the betas.

Man of Honour
The Sport thing they announced, is that coming to the UK? It would be epic to have an app without tracking, ads etc to check out the sports and scores I'm interested in.

From Apple's site:

My Sports

Follow your favorite teams, leagues, and athletes in Apple News. Customize your My Sports feed to see the latest stories, watch highlights, and get scores, schedules, and standings for the teams and leagues you love.

Soldato
The Sport thing they announced, is that coming to the UK? It would be epic to have an app without tracking, ads etc to check out the sports and scores I'm interested in.

From Apple's site:

My Sports

Follow your favorite teams, leagues, and athletes in Apple News. Customize your My Sports feed to see the latest stories, watch highlights, and get scores, schedules, and standings for the teams and leagues you love.
That would be great if it supported Cricket.

Back
Top Bottom