• iPhone 11 Pro - 512Gb

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max - 64Gb

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max - 256Gb

Votes: 41 13.7%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max - 512Gb

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Too expensive,, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 51 17.0%
  • Not interested, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 109 36.3%

• Total voters
Soldato
Those with the standard iPhone 11, how’s the screen? Thinking of swapping to iPhone from a Samsung S8 but I’m concerned the lower res screen might.....suck?
My only reservation also. Have a pixel 2xl but looking at potentially swapping to an XR or 11. I've had plenty of iPhones over the years. The 7 being my last one. Can't remember ever having an issue with the screen so I think I'm just blinded by numbers and YouTube reviewers.

Soldato
The LCD is probably the best in a phone, the resolution is a bit of a red herring as it’s still ‘retina’, you’ll not see the pixels. The blacks will be worse but I think you’ll quickly forget.

Most reviewers I watch recommend the 11 over the pro because of the price.

Associate
Those with the standard iPhone 11, how’s the screen? Thinking of swapping to iPhone from a Samsung S8 but I’m concerned the lower res screen might.....suck?

I flipped from a Pixel 3XL to an 11, the screen is fine... you could find fault if being picky, but I’ve not got any issue with the difference in perceived screen quality expressed by the like and subscribe types!

Soldato
I've got an 11 too, moved from an OLED iPhone X

Resolution is fine, don't notice it at all.

however, colours are worse - lower contrast overall and worse blacks. I can live with it, but I could understand if other people couldn't.

Soldato
My only reservation also. Have a pixel 2xl but looking at potentially swapping to an XR or 11. I've had plenty of iPhones over the years. The 7 being my last one. Can't remember ever having an issue with the screen so I think I'm just blinded by numbers and YouTube reviewers.

I have the 11 Pro and my brother picked up the 11. I've messed about with his phone and the screen is pretty great to be honest. Resolution as noted above is not an issue and I actually found the colour representation to be absolutely fine. Of course the 11 Pro has a better screen but to be expected.

Man of Honour
I can confirm that the Apple Clear Case protects the phone enough if it falls out of your coat pocket when running for the bus.

Man of Honour
Have you seen the drop tests of the new phone? I generally go naked anyway but I'd have no hesitation in using the new phone caseless.
I dropped my X without a case pods of times and hardly a mark on it. Apart from once when the screen went funny. I’m happy with the clear case.

Soldato
I use my XS without a case, but there again it's insured. I'm not sure I'd risk carrying it around without insurance and knowing that the back plate costs a fairly ridiculous £500+ to replace. I could accept the cost of a new screen, but £500 for a piece of glass that shouldn't have been designed so hard to swap out would be a difficult pill to swallow. Especially since the glass plate on the Note 10+ (for example) is only £59 to replace.

Soldato
This year I'm not using a case because there wasn't a leather case available for the iPhone 11 standard - first time without a case for about 5 years (since my iPhone 6!) and I am dead nervous but I do have insurance through my bank account.

Soldato
Never damaged a single phone, dating all the way back to the original iPhone. My 11 Pro fell out of my pocket while I was running to a trauma, and the back glass cracked all the way across. Can’t have been more than 3ft.

Soldato
Battery on the 11 pro to amaze me. 13% left and was last charged to full Monday at 07:45.
Using with 4G, Facebook, Whatsapp, Mail, FB messenger, Garmin connect, Spotify, few calls and camera

Soldato
A strange thing has happened twice.

I'll leave somewhere with wifi so data connects to the mobile network. Everything looks okay. Good signal, showing 4g but no data actually works. If I go into airplane mode and back out again it fixes it. I did not experience this on my 8 plus. I'm on Virgin (EE) if that makes a difference. Any ideas?

Other than that I'm still loving this phone, still amazed by the battery life.

Soldato

I'll leave somewhere with wifi so data connects to the mobile network. Everything looks okay. Good signal, showing 4g but no data actually works. If I go into airplane mode and back out again it fixes it. I did not experience this on my 8 plus. I'm on Virgin (EE) if that makes a difference. Any ideas?

Sounds like a similar problem to what @JunglistE had? He got it swapped out for a new phone

Soldato

Yep. I have that issue with my 11 Pro Max which I am using on EE. One eSIM and another physical SIM.

I did have the phone switched out with a brand new unit but the issue persisted. I called up EE and they said that in Bristol they're suffering a lot of outages which is why I am having the issue - I don't believe them but they said they'll pay this months bill+ Apple Music and if the issue persists after 30 days they'll pay that month too.

It's certainly not unique to me though. I made a post on the EE forums and it seems a few others have the same issue. It has been better the last few days but it still happens and it still makes me furious.

The fact you're on Virgin, I'm guessing they use EE radios? Has to be an issue with EE on some level. They haven't released any carrier settings either

Back
Top Bottom