• Space Grey 256GB

Votes: 98 18.4%
  • I want one but it's too expensive

Votes: 125 23.5%
  • I'm not interested

Votes: 190 35.7%

• Total voters
Soldato
if you don't order on Fri, it'll be weeks before you'll be able to get one.... but you know what, i don't know if i really care if i don't get one... There's nothing about it that's really exciting me at the moment.

Associate
Decided I'm hanging fire at least for now.

Have an iPhone 7 and I dont think its worth the money to change phone.

Would like to get hands on.

If you don't preorder just keep an eye on iStockNow...If youre quick on the beat you'll likely find one.

Soldato
£999 is an insane amount of money for a phone. However... I'm now on a 2 year old 6S (non plus), so my choices are:

- Stick with the 6S for another year -- I've never had an iPhone for 3 years. Not impossible, but I know I'm going to read those iPhone X reviews and am going to want one.
- Go with a 7 or 8? Again, it's still quite a lot of money for essentially the same (bit faster, bit better camera), and I know I'm going to read those iPhone X reviews and am going to want one.
- Get an X.

None of these are fantastic choices. This is what makes me sad about Apple in 2017, that they've chosen to go down a very different path, and I'm no longer 100% happy following them down it. Such is life I guess.

I'm still using my launch day 6 on a sim only plan. I still don't see any reason to replace it. I'll just keep my money.

I’m in a similar situation, still using my launch day 6. I’d like to upgrade but struggling to justify it. It still does most things I need fine but the dual camera system in a non plus size handset is real selling point but even with a friends discount giving me a 64GB X for just over £1000 inc AppleCare +.....decisions decisions.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Still in 2 minds about spending over £1k on a phone. Actually won’t be me as my missus has said she will buy it for me for my bday. And the pre-order is actually on my bday lol.

As much as I’m tempted I just can’t justify her buying me a phone that’s going to cost over a grand. If I was going to get one, I’d get the 256gb version.

My iPhone 6s is perfectly fine, but slow on ios11 but not that bad.

So am actually thinking keep it for another yr and see what apple have for next year.

The iPhone 8 is just not even worth considering tbh

Associate
I currently have the iPhone 6. Will be ordering on Friday. I think the cost spread over 2 years isn't too bad. Most likely put it on credit card and pay it all off gradually.

Associate
Still in 2 minds about spending over £1k on a phone. Actually won’t be me as my missus has said she will buy it for me for my bday. And the pre-order is actually on my bday lol.

As much as I’m tempted I just can’t justify her buying me a phone that’s going to cost over a grand. If I was going to get one, I’d get the 256gb version.

My iPhone 6s is perfectly fine, but slow on ios11 but not that bad.

So am actually thinking keep it for another yr and see what apple have for next year.

The iPhone 8 is just not even worth considering tbh
Your logic is sound, I am in the same position. Have I seen it correctly that I would cost £80+ to get it in contract?

Soldato
I think if you have a 7 or even a good condition 6S I'd hang fire unless you have cash to burn, next years model will probably be a lot more refined, even if it has the same notch design.

My 6 plus is on its proverbial back side. Problems with headphone jack and lightning port, slow as anything these days too.

Associate
You'll need to declare it.

Really. Just say you brought the phone from Japan and just started using it then bring it back with you rather than it being sealed would you still need to declare it? I'm off to the US in a couple months so thinking of buying it from there and bringing it back that way.

Soldato
Just been thinking, the width of the phone is only 3mm larger than the 8,7,6 so any YouTube / video viewing, unless watching a movie in 2:35.1 (who does that anyway) isn't going to be noticeably larger than what you're currently using. Just AMOLED borders on either side instead of non-displayable glass.

Soldato
Same here, was set on the X but not happy with the price, EE contract prices and data and after seeing reviews don't see much innovation from Apple for a £1,000 phone. Also not happy Touch ID is gone and an see Face ID not being very practical for me really...

I will hold out with my 7 Plus 256GB contract until next September. Will then either get the next gen iPhone, or go SIM only if Apple still don't impress me next year... Next year may just buy outright from Apple and go SIM only with EE.

I was all set to order one on friday but today I seem to be having 2nd though.. Is it really worth it money since I am happy with the 7 Plus I've got.. But then again I have been waiting for a edge screen phone but it not like the Samsung at all.. I don't like Android so no I can't get a samsung or the pixel XL 2 Plus..

The X looks cool but it not edge screen thou.. But is it really worth the upgrade or should I hang fire for the next one.. I better decide before friday

Soldato
What is Apples return policy like? If I get one and decide I don't like it?

I'm still 50/50 with all this time to think about it. On one hand I wanted the new one for ages with all the rumours, but on the other hand my 7 if in perfect condition and I could save a lot of money. Though I may be able to get half of the cost back selling my 7.

Soldato
What is Apples return policy like? If I get one and decide I don't like it?

I'm still 50/50 with all this time to think about it. On one hand I wanted the new one for ages with all the rumours, but on the other hand my 7 if in perfect condition and I could save a lot of money. Though I may be able to get half of the cost back selling my 7.
14 day return for any reason.

Soldato
Will there be reviews going out before pre-order time? I'm really undecided on the colour choice and hoping a good video might help. I've had Space Grey 6+ then Jet Black 7+ so my immediate reaction was Space Grey! But having seen an 8+ SG it looked a bit boring, and I'm thinking the Silver with it's chrome edges might be a nice change. Also they've finally fixed the front by making them all have black bezels.

Back
Top Bottom