• Space Grey 256GB

Votes: 98 18.4%
  • I want one but it's too expensive

Votes: 125 23.5%
  • I'm not interested

Votes: 190 35.7%

• Total voters
Soldato
When i first got my X from my 7+ it felt really small. Now I'm wondering if I could go back to a + size phone again, it would feel gargantuan!

It's quite nice being able to have the phone in my pocket without it feeling huge. My only thing I don't like is that I can't use it landscape any more.

Man of Honour
When i first got my X from my 7+ it felt really small. Now I'm wondering if I could go back to a + size phone again, it would feel gargantuan!

It's quite nice being able to have the phone in my pocket without it feeling huge. My only thing I don't like is that I can't use it landscape any more.
You still can in certain apps but not all.

Soldato
If you factor the price, against how long you have the phone and the amount of daily use it gets, £1k is reasonable. Plus the specs are class leading.

iOS is excellent too. So slick, and polished. There’s no other UI quite like it.

Man of Honour
It's the apps as well, they're generally much better on iOS Then there's the fact that API for TouchID works with FaceID so even those which haven't been updated still work seamlessly. No fannying about with passwords ala Android.

Soldato
It's the apps as well, they're generally much better on iOS Then there's the fact that API for TouchID works with FaceID so even those which haven't been updated still work seamlessly. No fannying about with passwords ala Android.
Agreed. The apps have level of polish to them that android does not.

While I can see the merits of Android (i used to be a die hard android fan), it’s still a long ways off being as polished as iOS.

Associate
Hi Chaps,

my iPhone is delayed due to payment, and with apple closed im getting agitated

I paid with Apple Pay, and need to switch payment but all my Lloyds cards are having authorisation problems. Do I need to speak to Apple as Lloyds state they cant see as to why it is being declined. Anyone had experience of this from the previous batch?

Soldato
Hi Chaps,

my iPhone is delayed due to payment, and with apple closed im getting agitated

I paid with Apple Pay, and need to switch payment but all my Lloyds cards are having authorisation problems. Do I need to speak to Apple as Lloyds state they cant see as to why it is being declined. Anyone had experience of this from the previous batch?
You have to speak to Apple over the phone and give them your card details, then it will go through fine.

Also 11.1.2 just hit to fix the cold bug on the X.

Soldato
Here is my honest view after a day usage vs iPhone 7 plus. Not exactly a good sample but anyway

Plus

• Screen is good (but not significantly better)
  • Face unlock is way better than i expected, it just works. There are moments it is not ideal (e.g. if phone is not in line of sight) but it is good
  • I quite like the form factor (as in the screen ratio vs plus), but there is a negative
  • Camera is very good
  • I find the bottom and top curved sections useful, it will be good when more apps make use of them
Negative

• It is not worth its cost, it is good but it is not revolutionary
  • It could do, IMO, with being a little bit bigger, I don't quite think it is a full substitute on the real estate of the plus, even though i prefer the ratio
  • Not X specific but I think it is time Apple start bringing iOS more forward, it is very stale (IMO)

Neutral

• I don't feel any speed differences

Caporegime
So finally got a chance to play with one and I have to say, I’m glad I got my missus to cancel the one she ordered for me for my bday.

Not in the slightest bit impressed. Getting used to not having the home button took some time but that wouldn’t be too much of an issue for me.

Only thing that impressed me somewhat was the selfie camera with the various lighting options.

That’s really about it, screen is nice I will admit but glad I didn’t jump for this.

Hopefully next year the new iPhones will be much better.

Associate
Here is my honest view after a day usage vs iPhone 7 plus. Not exactly a good sample but anyway

Plus

• Screen is good (but not significantly better)
  • Face unlock is way better than i expected, it just works. There are moments it is not ideal (e.g. if phone is not in line of sight) but it is good
  • I quite like the form factor (as in the screen ratio vs plus), but there is a negative
  • Camera is very good
  • I find the bottom and top curved sections useful, it will be good when more apps make use of them
Negative

• It is not worth its cost, it is good but it is not revolutionary
  • It could do, IMO, with being a little bit bigger, I don't quite think it is a full substitute on the real estate of the plus, even though i prefer the ratio
  • Not X specific but I think it is time Apple start bringing iOS more forward, it is very stale (IMO)

Neutral

• I don't feel any speed differences
Given your comments, will you keep the phone or return? im going to try the X as I cancelled my Apple order and going with JL as the care plan was better. But my backup option is to buy an 8 plus from very with 20% off if im not a fan of the X

Soldato
Given your comments, will you keep the phone or return? im going to try the X as I cancelled my Apple order and going with JL as the care plan was better. But my backup option is to buy an 8 plus from very with 20% off if im not a fan of the X

I will keep it as sold my 7 plus already and I am a sucker for new tech. Don’t get me wrong I do like the phone but it’s not exactly an excitement I would expect after spending this much on it.

Soldato
I found another issue. Often the way I hold it two handed, when lying on my side in bed, my thumb partially covers the notch, so FaceID doesn’t work.

I guess I’m holding it wrong? Lol

Back
Top Bottom