*** The Official macOS Monterey thread ***

Soldato
I'm downloading it as I type. 12Gb or so on my MBA.

Edit - It doesn't seem to want to install. After downloading it errors saying "The package "%@" is missing or invalid. An error occurred while installing the selected updates"

I'll give it another go tomorrow.

Last edited:
Soldato
In the older version you can preview a file without opening it (Quick look), when you press the space bar. That doesn't work anymore, anyone know if this feature is still available?

Update: A restart seemed to have fixed the issue.

Last edited:
Soldato
Since upgrading to Monterey on a M1 MacBook Air the USB C dongle to USB3/HDMI/PD will no longer detect the keyboard or mouse or USB sound adapter, but will accept a USB memory stick which works fine. Tried without HDMI & with/without power.
The same peripherals work by a simple USB C to USB3 A adapter.
Looks like Monterey has disabled peripherals through a USB dongle, or in particular the Advent multi adapter model A3IN1CA19.
I'm fairly new to Mac, is there a peripheral toggle switch by dongle that I'm missing somewhere?

Soldato
Since upgrading to Monterey on a M1 MacBook Air the USB C dongle to USB3/HDMI/PD will no longer detect the keyboard or mouse or USB sound adapter, but will accept a USB memory stick which works fine. Tried without HDMI & with/without power.
The same peripherals work by a simple USB C to USB3 A adapter.
Looks like Monterey has disabled peripherals through a USB dongle, or in particular the Advent multi adapter model A3IN1CA19.
I'm fairly new to Mac, is there a peripheral toggle switch by dongle that I'm missing somewhere?

Sadly it's the ever ongoing to and fro between Mac OS updates and USB compatibility issues. It'll probably be resolved in a future update, but unlikely to get it working until then

https://www.macrumors.com/2021/10/29/monterey-usb-hub-issues-reported/

Associate
Im getting mac freezing on Mini M1 on 12.0.1 (21A559) Youtube video is playing, mac freezes but audio still going then seems to "wake up" after afew seconds! Annoying AF!

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Anyone lost HDR on their MacBook?

I'm using an external display with my 2019 MBP and in Big Sur I had the option for HDR in the display settings, however this has disappeared since installing Monterey.

Not really sure why, I'm using Apples own adapater for HDMI and the monitor supports it (as it did before the OS upgrade). I've seen a couple posts out in the wild with no resolution so I guess I can only wait to see if there's a bug fix.

Soldato
Just tried installing the new OS to my mac mini (late 2014). It downloads and does the setup then restarts and gets stuck at ~20%. I reset The NVRAM and tried again but its stuck again so think I will give up on it. I dont use the mac much, got it for mobile dev testing but not done much iOS stuff so it's not used much.

Soldato
Just updated from 12.2.2 to 12.4 (yeah it took me a while too be bothered :p) and I must say, everything seems snappier, (even on the already nippy M1 MM).

Also, freed up about 13gb in the process, I have hardly anything using a lot of my storage, the 256gb is way more than enough for me..but, it shows how efficient Apple and there software actually is!

Back
Top Bottom