**** The Official Nokia 6 Thread ****

taB

taB

Associate
Got this to replace old phone and seems decent generally.

Started getting a problem yesterday that I can't fix though. Every 10 secs (approx) it pings up "com.android.phone has stopped" and the signal goes.

I've tried deleting cache and data from both phone and sim apps and last night did a full reset and reinstall and it still does it. There's something called aroma that apparently works but I don't know if it's legit. It happened almost immediately after I got a voicemail yesterday which I still can't listen to. I was also wondering if it was connected to the fact that this updates android so quickly and there may be a bug. Any thoughts? Ta.

Mobster
Soldato
OP
Got this to replace old phone and seems decent generally.

Started getting a problem yesterday that I can't fix though. Every 10 secs (approx) it pings up "com.android.phone has stopped" and the signal goes.

I've tried deleting cache and data from both phone and sim apps and last night did a full reset and reinstall and it still does it. There's something called aroma that apparently works but I don't know if it's legit. It happened almost immediately after I got a voicemail yesterday which I still can't listen to. I was also wondering if it was connected to the fact that this updates android so quickly and there may be a bug. Any thoughts? Ta.

Never had that problem on mine I'm afraid mate :(

Associate

Man.

I was one of the first with a Lumia 900, then I had a 1020 which culminated in an HTC One M8 for about 10 weeks before getting the absolute ***** with Android and trading it in on a W8, which was flawless. After that I had no choice but to move over to iOS due to a few key apps missing from WinPhone and my atrocious Android experience.

I was really worried about crap like this. Is it still that bad?

I too am a Nokia fanboy and will move over if these new phones are any good, but I am deathly afraid of Android as I have been burnt before.

Soldato
Bit of a shame they didn't go for a 625 on this, according to benchmarks it's only about the same speed as my ancient Nexus 5.

Still almost certainly an upgrade overall, and with the updates I'm very tempted, but it'd be a no-brainer with a bit more speed.

Do quite like the copper colour, in pictures at least :)

taB

taB

Associate
Managed to get it fixed and working again. Lost about a week's worth of stuff as backed up again from my old phone. Only installing bits I need immediately and will see if it happens again. In general though I really like it.

Associate
I'm still on a Nexus 5 and i'm not into paying £500/600/700 for a phone. I've been looking at getting the Nokia 6 as it runs stock Android, will receive updates fairly quickly and it comes in at a decent price. I'm not a power user, i don't play mobile games and i don't give a **** whether it's water proof or for some other gimmicky nonsense high end phones try and sell you. Plus if i lose it, i'm not £600/700 down the drain. I'll check it out in person before buying though.

The days of me paying heavy monthly bills are over since going sim free last year. It's been a nice change.

Caporegime
Visited my local shopping centre today, and played around with a Nokia 6.

First impressions:

* slim and sleek
* size to weight ratio is perfect
* build quality is outstanding; classic Nokia
* I didn't notice any performance issues; it feels faster than my One Max
* bevelled edges make it easy to hold; no sudden panicky moments when you think it might slip out of your hand

The moment I picked it up, I thought 'Yep, same old Nokia.' It has the look and feel of a phone twice the price.

This is definitely my next phone.

Caporegime
So, my Nokia 6 arrived this week (silver, 4GB/64GB) and it's even more impressive than I expected.

I'm coming from an HTC One Max, which is massive, overweight, slippery, and awkward to hold. It has a flimsy detachable back, and the screen is poorly integrated into the body.

By contrast, the build quality of the 6 is astonishingly good, just like the old Nokia I've always known and loved. The unibody feels sleek, solid, and exceptionally well finished.

The weight and size are perfect; it fits neatly into my hand, and the chamfered aluminium border not only looks stunning, but also ensures a firm, comfortable grip.

The screen is rounded at the edges, and blends seamlessly into the aluminium body.

The camera is slightly pronounced as a result of a frame that protects the lens, but because the body of the phone is thin and virtually flat, there is no rocking chair effect. Yes, there's a slight wobble when nudged, but it's hardly there.

Screen is superb, impressive blacks and bold colours.

The Nokia is a lot snappier than my HTC One Max, which suffered from lag. The pure Android experience is buttery smooth. The Snapdragon 430 is arguably underpowered, though you probably won't notice this unless you're playing games. For regular everyday users like me, it's perfectly fine.

I took mine off the charger at 08:00, and after light use during the day I still had 43% battery left at 16:00.

I haven't done much with the camera yet, but I like what I've seen so far.

Caporegime
I got just over 13 hours out of my Nokia 6 today, with mobile data and Bluetooth switched on all day.

My ZenWatch 3 finally gave up at 13 hours; the Nokia was still alive at 13.5, and about to die when I plugged it in to recharge.

Associate
I must admit I'm disappointed with this handset. The screen while looking lovely is full of stuck pixels, there must be 6+ with double that sub stuck pixels. The quality control is shocking, according to HMD this is acceptable. The sound quality of the included ringtones and alerts is poor and you can here a hiss from the speaker when they play. I refuse to keep playing RMA roulette. I hope you guys have better luck than I do with your handsets but I really couldn't recommend the Nokia brand anymore.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom