**** The Official Note 4 thread ****

Soldato
hmmm since I upgraded my Note 4 to Marshmallow my battery is doing weird things. Its suddenly just went from 25% to 14% and yesterday it went from 15% to 4% in the blink of an eye. Is MM messing up my phone or is it just a coincidence and my battery has decided to mess up around the same time I updated my phone?

Soldato
I might get a new battery if I keep the phone. Doesn't seem to have been fixed recently but I normally top the battery up throughout the day. Its only been a problem when I sit down in the evening and constantly use it on and off for 6 hours.

Caporegime
Keen to know as well. I think this replacement battery is official but it's been awful, left home on 29% and an hour later I have 5% left. Pathetic.

Edit - another 2% since my post.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Might give Anker a go, my only hesitation is I did so for my S4 and the drain was still just as fast. Common denominator? Samsung. I reckon over 90% of my time with Android phones has resulted in faster than normal battery drain :(

Associate
Virtually every Note 4 battery for sale on Amazon and Ebay are fake. The only seller I've found of genuine ones also includes the separate charger and has put up prices to around £30.

I recently bought an Anker battery and tested the capacity to be around 3230mAh which compares well with the genuine Samsung ones. I've only had it a month and I'm aware that feedback suggest a small number of people have a problem with them longer term but so far I've had no problems.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Might give Anker a go, my only hesitation is I did so for my S4 and the drain was still just as fast. Common denominator? Samsung. I reckon over 90% of my time with Android phones has resulted in faster than normal battery drain :(

I have an Anker one in my Note 1 after the original started to bulge - been running over a year fine and lasts about 5-10% longer than the original.

Get random battery drain on both my Note 1 and Note 4 - definitely a Samsung/Android issue.

Caporegime
It's only on its first charge but the battery is dropping like a stone as with my previous one. I wonder if it's this ROM and/or kernel, might try stock at the weekend to see.

Soldato
If it helps Iv been on lollipop for ages and only changed to Marshmallow this week and since I changed to MM iv been getting the random battery drops. Never had a single issue with those until I put the stock MM update on so it must be a software issue.

Soldato
Did you wipe and fresh install the os? I know running update after update screwed my gn4 over a couole of times. Also, what sort of % brightness are you running?

Associate
I noticed after upgrading to Marshmallow on both Note 4s that the battery dropped unusually for the first couple of days then was fine after that. In both cases it was the 'media storage' process running and I assume it was cataloguing the media files on the Micro SD card. There's about 7,300 mp3s on the card so seemed to take a while.

I have also had large battery drops on a Moto G that took me ages to sort out. I eventually pinned down to a corrupt mp3 on the Micro SD card. Once I'd formatted it and reinstalled the media files it was fine after that.

Soldato
I installed an Italian three rom on my note 4.

UK three refusing to release 6.0.1

Unfortunately my phones not.stable. random lock ups. Battery sucks and other issues.

Associate
I installed an Italian three rom on my note 4.

UK three refusing to release 6.0.1

Unfortunately my phones not.stable. random lock ups. Battery sucks and other issues.

Did you hard reset the phone, and clear the cache since you installed the newer Rom? If you haven't consider it.

Caporegime
Did you wipe and fresh install the os? I know running update after update screwed my gn4 over a couole of times. Also, what sort of % brightness are you running?

Clean install for the ROM. It's definitely worse than before and the screen has yet to be at the top of battery usage, which has always caused a faster drain in the past. Currently on 15% (near full charge since 9/10am) with 2hr41 of SoT.

Back
Top Bottom