*** The Official OcUK Beers Of The World Competition - Last Orders ***

Confirmed.

No entry from Executive Beef yet :/

Had a bit of a mare this week, none of the shops I usually use had anything Australian other than Fosters. I had a last minute dash yesterday to another shop (who had a massive selection of New Zealand beers) but drew a blank there too.

Was going to pick up a Fosters just to get a valid entry in but by then I'd had a few afternoon beers and it slipped my mind. Think I've got the rest of the rounds covered though.

Just ordered these last night, looking forward to some interesting flavours;

Electric Bear - Cherry Blackout (Morello Cherry and Chocolate Stout)
Weird Beard - A World Without Dave (Mint Chocolate Stout)
Siren - Caribbean Chocolate Cake (Tropical Chocolate Cake Stout)
Weird Beard - A Lemon Tree My Dear Watson (Lemon Meringue Pie Sour Beer)
Wild Beer Co - Millionaire (Chocolate and Salted Caramel Milk Stout)

I think supermarket branded beer is quite a UK quirk - I've been trying to find foreign stuff and failing.

I was trying to find a USA one that friends could send me but failed. Thought that'd be a sure fire 5 points.

But then again Timmeh would probably have entered the same as me like he did with N :p

I was going to grab some in Sweden, there wasn't any with shop names on them but it is illegal for supermarkets to sell alcohol over 3.5%, so every beer (Bud, Becks, etc) were brewed specifically for them at the lower 3.5%.

Wonder if that would have been valid? :)

I was going to grab some in Sweden, there wasn't any with shop names on them but it is illegal for supermarkets to sell alcohol over 3.5%, so every beer (Bud, Becks, etc) were brewed specifically for them at the lower 3.5%.

Wonder if that would have been valid? :)

Nope. Unless it was branded as the Swedish supermarket Bud.

Teeny tiny...

1z527p1.jpg

Just ordered these last night, looking forward to some interesting flavours;

Electric Bear - Cherry Blackout (Morello Cherry and Chocolate Stout)
Weird Beard - A World Without Dave (Mint Chocolate Stout)
Siren - Caribbean Chocolate Cake (Tropical Chocolate Cake Stout)
Weird Beard - A Lemon Tree My Dear Watson (Lemon Meringue Pie Sour Beer)
Wild Beer Co - Millionaire (Chocolate and Salted Caramel Milk Stout)

A post-drink update for us would be appreciated! Love a good chocolate stout and there are some there that sound great.

Although you're being fairly brave to post these before the "S" round.

A post-drink update for us would be appreciated! Love a good chocolate stout and there are some there that sound great.

Although you're being fairly brave to post these before the "S" round.

Definitely, really looking forward to them. I already have something else lined up for round S, although I'll kick myself now if someone else has it too and one of these would have been better :D

Back
Top Bottom