*** The Official OcUK Beers Of The World Competition ***

Soldato
I don't really like cider. :(

Entry drunk, snapped and emailed.

Now to find a tasty beverage for next week. It is correct that it can be any beer on draught in a pub, doesn't have to have draught in the name?

I really struggled to find anything for 'E' in the supermarket too... other than the obvious one.

Soldato
It is correct that it can be any beer on draught in a pub, doesn't have to have draught in the name?

AFAIK that is correct, it can be any beer on draught but remember to include the BOTW mk2 written on paper with the picture. If it's a can or bottle then it has to have 'draught' written on it.

[Edit]
D - Draught (must have draught on can or bottle label)

Just want to check for this one before I send mine in....what is/isn't allowed. :)

As the rule states mate, it must have draught on the label or can, anything is allowed ie. Stout, Ale, Lager etc. No cider though! Oh and you can go to pub and have a pint of whatever, but remember to take the pic with the beers taps and your little OcUK BOTW mk2 piece of paper...

Hold the phone... I thought we were on C for cider... If it's D for Draught too then that is a churlish fail :(

It is Cidre this week. :)

Last edited:
Associate
Yep, my beer is very disappointing.
No malt sweetness to balance it out. No hop aroma or flavour. No head retention. Far to carbonated for a good ale. The bitterness is severely lacking in depth. And worst of all, major diacetyl off flavours in it. It almost tasts more like apples than beer.
Worst week yet.

Back
Top Bottom