[The Official] OCUK Games 2012 -Updated Daily-

Soldato
Any chance you could actually play TLoU before deciding its votes were in some part down to how recently it was released? :p

In all seriousness, I can see why it might appear to be getting votes because it's fresh in people's minds (maybe for some it is, I dunno??), but I absolutely stand behind it as a game I enjoyed every bit as much as my other favourites from the generation.

A quick comparison would be Bioshock Infinite, that's a game also released quite recently, yet people had no issues voting against that. Of course that proves nothing either way, I'm just saying at least be open to the possibility that TLoU is that good.

Caporegime
On the other side of the coin the older games like Arkham Asylum could simply be people being nostalgic. :p

Personally I don't think it matters how old or new a game is, a quality game is a quality game regardless of how long ago it was released. Any of the games from the top 10 would have been pretty worthy winners in my opinion.

Soldato
Jeez it's a new game, so what? :rolleyes: If it's the best quality, it doesn't matter, it's still obviously the most popular game...

Deserved the win, great game :)

Soldato
Havent played it, so didnt vote for it. as did plenty of other people. It being a newer game, would surely limit the amount of players trying it and voting for it? rather than increase them.

Anyways, Cannot wait to play it now!

Oh and. Fallout 3 won Wannabedamned's best game ever ever ever ever ever ever award.

Soldato
As already said, many thanks to Hostile17 and those that took the reins while he was away as well the the others that kept posting and didn't let this thread die.

I look forward to the next generation vote now! :D

Soldato
LOLOL. Mind boggling.

It's good, but just about makes my Top 5 this year so far, let alone top one of the generation.

Well I sat and played TLOU last night, and this morning. And so far it's brilliant, I would probably put it up there with fallout 3, Batman AA, MGS4, Mass effect 2 and RDR. Which is close to how the final votes here turned out. (Without MGS4:()

It's a fantastic looking, excellent piece of story telling, has co-op ai that doesnt annoy you(A feat in itself), also it's survival horror(One of my favourite genres)

You may say your mind boggles, fair enough. But this is a poll, and as such ofcourse some people will disagree, but for me. the game is exactly where it should have been. It's not my number 1, But if i could go back and vote again having now played it, it would have been 1 more vote ahead. I loved Arkham Asylum, it deserves the number 2 spot. But TLOU to me feels like its taken the best of whats been offered during this gen, and implemented them all seamlessly in a final game, the way naughty dog always does.

I can't wait to see Naughty dogs next venture into Survival horror, would love another TLOU, but also would love to see another IP from them. As they seem to **** gold.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom