• Lavender Purple 128GB Dual Sim

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ocean Blue 512GB Dual Sim

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Midnight Black 512GB Dual Sim

Votes: 4 3.5%

• Total voters
Associate
So is anyone still rocking their Note 9's after all this time?

I'm still on mine, battery isn't as good as it used to be but on a good day I can still squeeze about 5hr SOT and it'll still last a day.

Phone looks brand new still as it's been sat in the Samsung protective stand case since day one.

Soldato

I'm still on mine, battery isn't as good as it used to be but on a good day I can still squeeze about 5hr SOT and it'll still last a day.

Phone looks brand new still as it's been sat in the Samsung protective stand case since day one.

Sis was on here Note 8 until just 2 weeks ago. It lasted well as she hammers her phone physically. Calls started to drop and battery not so good. Moved to the s22u.

Caporegime

Have my Note9 as my main backup phone, whilst my Note4 is still a decent phone - the battery falls off a cliff just looking at it. The 9 is still a pretty decent phone 4 years on.

Last edited:
Caporegime
If you can suggest a legitimate way of shipping Lithium batteries you can have 3 of my Note 4 ones that have been stored in the fridge and apart from being checked and topped up every couple of years are unused.
That's really kind of you, thanks. I don't know a legitimate way to ship but I've needed an excuse to get back on my bike and do some big rides (if you're OK to meet in a public place). Let me check I can even find the N4 first, might make a day trip out of it as I have a friend in Southend-on-sea :cool:.

Edit - though after my Android 12 update on my Poco F3, I might need to resurrect my Note9. Not being able to take pictures any more (especially as it made me miss a really nice moment/picture with my godchildren yesterday) is deal breaker territory.

Last edited:
Soldato

Still using mine.
Battery life is still excellent.
Phone still does everything I want /need.
Phone has been in a case, with screen protector since new, so it is still in perfect condition.
Can't see myself replacing it for several years.

Caporegime
I'm confused, why would you use a note 4 instead of the 9?
Both are my backup phones, but the 9 is my main backup phone. The 4 is still useable but essentially only if I am desperate. I will sometimes lend them out if a friend or family member is between phones. Poor English on my part :o.

Soldato
Wife and two of my daughters are all running 9's, battery life still all day (bar the wife but she never sleeps!) which is good given the bashing they get.

Associate
That's really kind of you, thanks. I don't know a legitimate way to ship but I've needed an excuse to get back on my bike and do some big rides (if you're OK to meet in a public place). Let me check I can even find the N4 first, might make a day trip out of it as I have a friend in Southend-on-sea :cool:...

I'm OK with meeting in a public place, just pm in advance to make sure I'll be around.

Soldato
Still rocking mine. It's the longest I've ever owned a phone and I have no itch to upgrade.

Battery life is still great and performance is still fast for my uses (I don't game on phones).

Screen protector has kept the display immaculate but there are some areas around the stylus and headphone socket where the black paint has flaked away.

Think I might change though once Samsung stop shipping security updates.

Soldato
I've traded in my Note 9 against a S22 Ultra.
The S22 Ultra is a fantastic phone, and Samsung offered me £330 for the Note, so I couldn't resist.

And yet I felt sad when I posted it off, its been one of the best phones I've owned, it really was a no compromise phone for its generation.

If anyone is interested I'm going to be listing a battery replacement kit and cases in MM shortly. Although the original battery wasn't that great, I never got round to swapping it. I ordered the replacement battery, rear cover, adhesive set, finger print sensor, and never fitted them. I'm sure someone will make use of them.

Soldato
Still using my note 9 as my main mobile phone here (But the Screen been cracked for a year or so :()

Just noticed my note 8 backup phone latest Security patch is 1 August 2021 and there no newer updates for it :(:(:(

Soldato
Uh oh.

Think the screen on my Note 9 is on its way out. :(

Occasionally, when my screen times out, when I unlock to wake it back up, my screen has a green tinge to it. Hard to describe but like enabling the blue light filter but worse.

I tried to reboot to clear the cache thinking that might help incase its a software issue but the display issue occurred whilst booting up. At the point where I normally input PIN to boot up, the screen went bright yellow/green and couldn't see anything.

I left it on and screen powered off. When I woke the phone up, the screen was working fine, so was able to input PIN and boot up phone.

I checked Samsung's website and they charge £259 to replace the screen (includes battery replacement).

So either stump up the cash or for an extra £80, get a new Nord 2 with 2 year warranty and 3 years support.

Back
Top Bottom