**** The Official Sony Xperia™ XZ3 Thread ****

Soldato
I saw one today for the first time and agree - looks and feels lovely and the curved screen is less apparant than I thought.
Very tempting and at £699 not completely extortionate!

Permabanned
Went and looked at one today, very very nice screen. exact same size as the Z5 I have, which I wanted to compare as well.

do I, don't I..........my Z5 is OK still, but I want the XZ3 lol

I saw one today for the first time and agree - looks and feels lovely and the curved screen is less apparant than I thought.
Very tempting and at £699 not completely extortionate!

Yeah, price is making it appealing.

I guess there are also contracts with operators where they can give the phone for much less, £1 and monthly payments?

Associate
They've dropped this a couple of times on amazon to £589.95 so worth looking out if you're interested, it doesn't last long so you have to be quick

I'm tempted to replace my XZ but it feels like Sony are being lazy, the screen is amazing yet a lot of the XZ3 is meh, if they stuck in a bigger battery and nailed the camera they could easily compete with the top flagships

Permabanned
They've dropped this a couple of times on amazon to £589.95 so worth looking out if you're interested, it doesn't last long so you have to be quick

I'm tempted to replace my XZ but it feels like Sony are being lazy, the screen is amazing yet a lot of the XZ3 is meh, if they stuck in a bigger battery and nailed the camera they could easily compete with the top flagships

Well, I have to say that a larger battery will add to its weight. Always compromises in something......
The camera is good, too. The XZ2 Premium is with an exceptional camera for low-light conditions.

Soldato
OP
My brother has this phone and I am not sure why anyone would complain about the phones weight unless you have a condition that prevents your from picking up a phone that does not weigh as much as large chocolate bar, then fair enough.

Its an excellent phone, but its basically just a another samsung S9 clone.

The only issue I have with the phone is the thinness, its so thin that its bordering uncomfortable. I suppose this could be because I am coming from Z5 compact. But thicker phones are way more comfortable to hold.

The screen amazing
the battery life is also great, can you find better out there sure. But 20 and 22 or 24 hours is splitting hairs.
The design is disappointing for me, they just copied the samsung s9. I get a feeling this was a tester phone for them and its success might decide the next phone design. They should have just reduced the borders of the XZ5 and made it slightly thinner with larger battery. Some of the concept phones out there are excellent.

not we have a market full of s9 clones. But samsungs future foldable phone might be excellent.

Permabanned
My brother has this phone and I am not sure why anyone would complain about the phones weight unless you have a condition that prevents your from picking up a phone that does not weigh as much as large chocolate bar, then fair enough.

Its an excellent phone, but its basically just a another samsung S9 clone.

The only issue I have with the phone is the thinness, its so thin that its bordering uncomfortable. I suppose this could be because I am coming from Z5 compact. But thicker phones are way more comfortable to hold.

The screen amazing
the battery life is also great, can you find better out there sure. But 20 and 22 or 24 hours is splitting hairs.
The design is disappointing for me, they just copied the samsung s9. I get a feeling this was a tester phone for them and its success might decide the next phone design. They should have just reduced the borders of the XZ5 and made it slightly thinner with larger battery. Some of the concept phones out there are excellent.

not we have a market full of s9 clones. But samsungs future foldable phone might be excellent.

Well, I mentioned the weight because it might be important for someone.
To me, with my 248g VKworld S8, it is funny and weird when I get another phone because others are so light, I don't feel them in my hand :D

Associate
I'm stuck between Sony zx4 and samsung s9 plus ,the s10 is going to be a ridiculous price probably the zx4 also , and I've looked and so many reviews that I'm confused on what I want . Back to basics .... 3310 anyone .

Caporegime
Looks like a decent offering from Sony but a 3300maH battery with a 4K OLED - be interested to see how long the phone lasts in a day.

Soldato
It still boggles my mind that Sony operate on a 6 month release cycle for flagship phones.

That aside Xperia 1 does look very good or rather did until I saw the size of that battery. 4k HDR OLED 6.5" screen on 3330 mAh battery? They are also very heavily emphasizing video capabilities and editing in their marketing which is a very battery intensive task, I'm not falling for this, "but it's more efficient this year" malarkey.

Also since this year has been all about eliminating bezels from the major players, seems odd they wouldn't stick a flash into the selfie camera like on the Ultra series as they are keeping some 'bars' on the front.

Associate
I don't get the overwhelming focus on phones with little or no bezels, is it just me that thinks it leaves the outer edges of the screen vulnerable to damage . Personally I prefer the protection of a bezel to none as I work in a harsh environment.

Back
Top Bottom