** The Official Space Flight Thread - The Space Station and Beyond **

Soldato
an uncrewed Orion will launch atop a Delta IV Heavy rocket and fly 3,600 miles above Earth's surface, farther than a human spacecraft has gone in 40 years.

Wut? Since it's unmanned, how can they possibly claim that? I'm pretty sure there are human spacecraft billions of miles above the Earth's surface, with names like "Voyager" and "Pioneer".

Man of Honour
Been watching some of the ress conferences planetary resources have given, well mainly their big one for April. Fascinating stuff, they have some huge names both in the company and investors.
And what I like to see is some dates as well, want to launch their first telescope to fine Near earth asteroids within 24months (by April 2015).
This really does look promising after some watching and reading.

Man of Honour
Planetary's Resources' President & Chief Engineer (and former NASA scientist) Chris Lewicki chats with Cambridge House Live anchor Bridgitte Anderson about his company's efforts to mine asteroids in space. His company is backed by billionaires like James Cameron, Google Chairman Eric Schmidt, Google founder Larry Page and many other notable tech billion/millionaires. It was taped January 21, 2013, at Cambridge House International's Vancouver Resource Investment Conference.

Back
Top Bottom