** The Official watchOS 7 thread **

Soldato
Anyone struggling to update their s3?

I’ve got the update downloaded, it just says verifying. Doesn’t pop up anything doesn’t do anything then when I next check the install button comes up again.

Been like that since the latest update. I tapped install before heading to bed in the hope it would do it overnight.

7.4.1 I’m having bother with.

Soldato
Anyone struggling to update their s3?

I’ve got the update downloaded, it just says verifying. Doesn’t pop up anything doesn’t do anything then when I next check the install button comes up again.

Been like that since the latest update. I tapped install before heading to bed in the hope it would do it overnight.

7.4.1 I’m having bother with.

So I solved it.

I had to restore the watch and start it as a new device, then update it. Once updated restored it from my watch back up.

Bit of a pain and suspect it's apples away of telling me to upgrade to the latest watch - which I won't be doing until this one is completely gone.

Soldato
So I solved it.

I had to restore the watch and start it as a new device, then update it. Once updated restored it from my watch back up.

Bit of a pain and suspect it's apples away of telling me to upgrade to the latest watch - which I won't be doing until this one is completely gone.

The official guidance on Apple’s website is to restore the Series 3 watches for each new update and it’s a real pain, particularly when it’s for an incremental update that brings no visible improvements. They should either stop selling the Series 3 or reduce the update size. 2.5gb for bug fixes is ridiculous.

Soldato
Software Update
Resolved in watchOS 8 beta 3
  • You can now update your device using Software Update if less than 500 MB of storage is available. (78474912)

That’s great. I intend updating to the series 7 when it comes out, but the series 3 is still very capable except for the hassle of updating.

My series 3 is currently one update behind. I wonder if it would update straight to watchOS 8…

Back
Top Bottom