Man of Honour
OP
More Day 9.....

oly116.jpg

oly117.jpg

oly118.jpg

oly119.jpg

Soldato
It's hard to follow simulatorman's impressive encyclopaedic tour of Olympic events (I am highly jealous! :-> ), but here's my trip to Hyde Park yesterday.

London was gloriously warm & sunny, with a cooling breeze at times. So the walk up towards Hyde Park was very pleasant indeed.

IMG_1991.jpg

The half hour queue to get in was somewhat less glorious, as were the dire warnings about what you could and could not take in. In the end though you could take small items of food in, so I needn't have lobbed my orange and bag of peanuts & raisins in the bin. I just hope some tramp got them rather than landfill.

IMG_2000.jpg

Inside was pretty well organised. Toilets (at 2pm) were clean, a bottle of water at £2 was only expensive rather than blatantly urine-extracting, and there are about six screens of various sizes scattered around the venue.

Here's us watching them watching us at the BMX semifinals.

IMG_2007.jpg

And here's a couple of underdressed visitors. I'm going to stick my neck out and guess they're from the USA.

IMG_2022.jpg

While this is the crowd at one screen celebrating another goal for the GB hockey team on their way to bronze.

IMG_2025.jpg

Followed by a little blessed relief from the blazing sun.

IMG_2029.jpg

On the main stage we were eventually treated to a couple of medalists. I celebrated by shaking my camera around, avoiding a sharp shot completely! :)

One boxer...

IMG_2043.jpg

...and one random rower...

IMG_2060.jpg

...followed by a random band. Ocean Colour Scene.

IMG_2071.jpg

Not sure who the bloke inbetween is.

IMG_2075.jpg

But I do know that's quite a big crowd.

IMG_2083.jpg

London was still looking impressive as I escaped back towards Kent and work.

IMG_2094.jpg

And in the evening sunshine the Victoria Memorial seemed like a very fitting and striking tribute to our golden games.

IMG_2099.jpg

IMG_2111.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom