The One, the Only Street Figheter 2 Arcade thread

Soldato
It is difficult, but the 360's controller doesn't help it much. I always thought 1 star was the lowest until someone on here told me differently so I had already done it on 1 star took 65 fighys and god knows how many continues.

Soldato
The game IS hard, even on default difficulty, there's no doubt about it. But, it isn't any more difficult than the arcade version.

This version of SF2 turbo IS the arcade version. There's no doubt in my mind that the 360 version is running the arcade code through an emulator, with some extra features added on the 360 side (online play etc.).

I must admit. I too am really struggling with single player. It took me 11 credits to finish it on default difficulty, and i used to be really good at it in the arcades. I finished SF2 turbo with the first £1 i put in it (3 credits, but i didn't continue).
I used to be able to finish the arcade version without losing a round at my peak. I really need to get a stick for this if i'm going to get the Perfect world champion achievement. Without it, i miss far too many special moves, and even blocking a flying kick followed by a sweep is a lottery.

Soldato
Kreeeee said:
No, Identical to the old SFII hyper fighting. PS: Welcome to real games :)

Kreee tbh mate i find your attitude a bit :confused: at times, i like difficult games, i completed Ninja Gaiden on Very Hard and play most games on the most difficult settings.

I was mearly saying this seems a lot more difficult then the SF2 games ive played before, but im not sure if i ever played HF.

Man of Honour
McDaniel said:
I was mearly saying this seems a lot more difficult then the SF2 games ive played before, but im not sure if i ever played HF.
Ah gotcha. Hyper fighting was the version used in tournaments because of its pace, new moves and balance tweaks.

I just love the old games and really hate the way gaming is at the moment (bar the DS). I own a 360 but just don't seem to enjoy it that much (bar dead rising and SFII :D ).

Edi: plus I hate how the points system completely counteracts XBL and makes everyone play single player :(

Last edited:
Soldato
Kreeeee said:
This isn't SFII turbo, it's hyper fighting.

Same game. The japanese version was called Street Fighter II' Turbo Hyper Fighting. Typing 'turbo' is easier than typing 'Hyper Fighting'

sf2t0001mg6.png

Soldato
Bigpops said:
Same game. The japanese version was called Street Fighter II' Turbo Hyper Fighting. Typing 'turbo' is easier than typing 'Hyper Fighting'

sf2t0001mg6.png

You're right, there are several different SF 2 games:

World warrior
Championship edition
Turbo Hyper fighting

Those are the ones that were on my playstation one sf2 collection

Last edited:
Associate
finally finished on default

i can honestly say im falling in love with this game again

towards the end i was starting to get consistent with my special moves etc

took me 47 games though haha (my excuse is 2 babys under the age of 2 running around in me face)

finally getting somewhere :D

no more will i be ridiculed on live :p

Soldato
Kreeeee said:
Edi: plus I hate how the points system completely counteracts XBL and makes everyone play single player :(

Im not sure thats true, a lot of the Achievements are very Multiplayer orientated.

I do like XBL - but most of the time i prefer playing on my own and doing my own thing, i find multiplayer better when your opponent is next to you, there are exceptions i was a big CS/CSS player back in the day - but no console game has truly grabbed me to play online consistantly yet.

I wouldnt mind some good Live Co-Op games, i know theres PDZ but im not a bid lover of it at the best of times.

Last edited:
Associate
doa4 stick will be with me next week so cant wait to try it with this, i mean I didnt have much of an issue with the pad but there were a few occasions where i'd jump by accident and the like. Will be awesome to play it on a stick again like i'm back down the arcades. Great times.

Associate
HTMLHugo said:
finally finished on default

i can honestly say im falling in love with this game again

towards the end i was starting to get consistent with my special moves etc

took me 47 games though haha (my excuse is 2 babys under the age of 2 running around in me face)

finally getting somewhere :D

no more will i be ridiculed on live :p

Say that to E-Honda while I judo chop you to the ground!! *Ignores the fact you beat me around 10 more times that I beat you*

Associate
that fat man must DIE!!!!!!

noticed when i was him you annihilated me LOL

DeFrEaTs said:
Say that to E-Honda while I judo chop you to the ground!! *Ignores the fact you beat me around 10 more times that I beat you*

Back
Top Bottom