The Online Dating Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Thought i would raise the topic of online dating for discussion:-

I have been delving into the myriad of apps out there. I seem to have found Tinder/Bumble & Hinge offering the most consistent amount of matches.

I'm interested to learn what everyone thinks about this - Would you prefer to text a guy/girl for a long period before meeting or having a video call? Also would you feel more comfortable with a video call before meeting?

From my own experience - i typically end up having a texting conversation for maybe 2-3 days max. I'll then suggest a video call. Although, i find many women seem to just switch off at that point. They either say yes or don't reply. But we rarely get to a video call. If i suggest a coffee/drink somewhere, 70% of the time the conversation goes and i rarely get a reply. So i am eager to identify what you guys and girls do yourselves and what does and doesn't work for you?

I'm keen to meet up relatively quickly as i feel you just can't know someone via texting. If you end up texting somebody for weeks without meeting, you will never know if there is any real chemistry?

What has your experience been like? How do you approach texting and how long for? Ladies, do you ghost guys who ask for a date relatively early on? If so why? And what's all of your thoughts on video calling first?

Look forward to reading your opinions :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom