*** The OS X Post Your Desktop Thread ***

Man of Honour
Screenshot-2022-06-09-at-21-53-29.png

I'm not one for changing much really, it's the apps I use most.

Man of Honour
Your dock is horrible :cry:
It probably takes longer to find stuff in there to launch than it does to hit cmd-space, type the first couple of letters of the app and press enter.
I always find spotlight hit and miss. For example, if I search for an app I've installed myself, sometimes it seems insistent on having the App Store version as the first result.

Commissario
I always find spotlight hit and miss. For example, if I search for an app I've installed myself, sometimes it seems insistent on having the App Store version as the first result.
I’ve never had that and the majority of stuff I’ve got installed isn’t from the App Store.

Mind you, for the last year or so, cmd-space invokes Alfred for me which in turn uses the spotlight database.

Soldato
Your dock is horrible :cry:
It probably takes longer to find stuff in there to launch than it does to hit cmd-space, type the first couple of letters of the app and press enter.
I have to teach myself to use that regularly. I'm still not used to macOS as I don't know all of the time-saving features. I might buy a book on macOS to get some hints.

Commissario
How you finding EVE Feek?
I don't play a huge amount, I have an account I keep ticking over that I maintain a training schedule and I log in each day just for the freebies. Every so often, I'll undock and run a mission in a tricked out Golem but my days of hardcore Eve playing are long behind me. I started playing a year or so after the game launched but got too deeply involved and got rid of all my accounts when my main got in a Titan because I felt I'd reached endgame. After a break of a few years, I started this new account and have trained up a couple of characters, the original one has 68m SP and the second one has 82m SP (skill tree below).

I get a solid 60fps on the Studio (with vsync on) and everything maxed out. It looks pretty.

Soldato
Nice, yeah, the game can suck up the hours no problem. I used to play back in the day..was great, but played in god knows how long..

So the studio runs it well? I was surprised by the recommended settings for the Mac, seemed quite demanding I thought!

Back
Top Bottom