*** The OS X Post Your Desktop Thread ***

Commissario
Got my MacBook Pro 17" on Monday :D

Why nearly every programs are running? :confused:

Well I'm new to mac and what's it really matter if lots of apps are running?

It's not a problem at all, I hardly ever close anything down so after a couple of weeks uptime there's loads in my dock, although you'll probably get out of the Windows mindset soon and remove all the monitoring tools cluttering up the menu bar, they're just not needed in OS X, you don't need to know what it's doing all the time :)

Associate
It's not a problem at all, I hardly ever close anything down so after a couple of weeks uptime there's loads in my dock, although you'll probably get out of the Windows mindset soon and remove all the monitoring tools cluttering up the menu bar, they're just not needed in OS X, you don't need to know what it's doing all the time :)

I agree, it's just habit, over time I'm sure I'll delete the monitoring programs :o

Soldato
I have a load from both InterfaceLift, Blatte's Backgrounds (fractal art) and a few others from various places. I get bored with one image, so I just made a wallpapers folder, stuck them all in there, set that as my wallpaper directory (I copied a couple of the Apple wallpapers into it too) and set it to randomly change the image every hour. Keeps me happy!

Soldato
New one for the MacBook Air:

20110101-mh1ht37crgf6tbbtft9xnyiyex.jpg

Caporegime
Ooh yeah this is a really useful app, thanks for the recommendation guys, without me looking through the app to find out, can someone quickly tell me how to resize? :p :)

20110103-h629a6g584hmibfcq2t74a3m9.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
When you see the preview in Skitch, you can drag the corners in - the resolution it's at is in the bottom left corner. You can make Skitch not be in the dock etc, and then I just click to take the full screen screen shot (instead of any keyboard shortcut)

Back
Top Bottom