• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal GTX 1080 Ti Owners Thread

Soldato
So I'm considering getting a 1080TI as my 290's seem to be worth a decent amount currently and in this weather my room is far too hot (as well as wanting a decent performance boost!).

Does it matter which card I buy (aside from being cooler removal friendly)? I am using custom water.

Soldato
So I'm considering getting a 1080TI as my 290's seem to be worth a decent amount currently and in this weather my room is far too hot (as well as wanting a decent performance boost!).

Does it matter which card I buy (aside from being cooler removal friendly)? I am using custom water.

If you want to overclock maybe look for one with 2 8pin PCI-e power connectors.

Soldato
First time ever but looks like my zotac has died on its way to OCUK and back.

Long story short wanted to return for a refund but changed my mind after posting (decided on new colour scheme). So OCUK sent it back to me.

Got it back yesterday. Card works fine on the desktop but gaming lasts about 10 minutes then just locks the PC up with repeating sound and no signal. Seems to be the same amount each time so, something getting too hot or shorting maybe?

All out of the box settings by the way.

Tested in my sisters PC this morning and it's doing the same thing.

Looks like it's RMA and refund time. Got another on the way today from elsewhere unfortunately as I don't want the possibility of waiting until next week with no system.

Edit: New card in and fitted and working fine. Stock boost out of the box is 2038mhz (monster!) so looks like these zotac AMP!'s are pre-binned?

Also noticed this card came with all the protectors for the LED's, i/o ports, sli fingers, pcie lane whereas the card I got from ocuk did not.

Quite disappointed as it means the card I got from ocuk wasn't brand new as advertised.

Last edited:
Associate
First time ever but looks like my zotac has died on its way to OCUK and back.

Long story short wanted to return for a refund but changed my mind after posting (decided on new colour scheme). So OCUK sent it back to me.

Got it back yesterday. Card works fine on the desktop but gaming lasts about 10 minutes then just locks the PC up with repeating sound and no signal. Seems to be the same amount each time so, something getting too hot or shorting maybe?

All out of the box settings by the way.

Tested in my sisters PC this morning and it's doing the same thing.

Looks like it's RMA and refund time. Got another on the way today from elsewhere unfortunately as I don't want the possibility of waiting until next week with no system.

Edit: New card in and fitted and working fine. Stock boost out of the box is 2038mhz (monster!) so looks like these zotac AMP!'s are pre-binned?

Also noticed this card came with all the protectors for the LED's, i/o ports, sli fingers, pcie lane whereas the card I got from ocuk did not.

Quite disappointed as it means the card I got from ocuk wasn't brand new as advertised.

You're not the first person i've heard say that the item they received wasn't like the others. One guy said all the cellophane had been removed when their card arrived. hmm

OcUK Staff
Arriving next week, total of 4 units!
Maybe someone should bag all 4 for an epic quad SLI rig and we'll throw in a free bag of Haribo. :D

Gigabyte Aorus GeForce GTX 1080Ti "Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition" 11264MB GDDR5X PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £899.99 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/detail/index/sArticle/68440

GV-N108TAORUSX WB-11GD, Core Clock: 1632MHz, Boost Clock: 1746MHz, Memory: 11264MB 11448MHz GDDR5X, Stream Processors: 3584, SLI Ready, VR Ready, PhysX/CUDA Enabled, 4 Years Warranty

Only £899.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Man of Honour
OP
Arriving next week, total of 4 units!
Maybe someone should bag all 4 for an epic quad SLI rig and we'll throw in a free bag of Haribo. :D

Gigabyte Aorus GeForce GTX 1080Ti "Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition" 11264MB GDDR5X PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £899.99 inc VAT

GV-N108TAORUSX WB-11GD, Core Clock: 1632MHz, Boost Clock: 1746MHz, Memory: 11264MB 11448MHz GDDR5X, Stream Processors: 3584, SLI Ready, VR Ready, PhysX/CUDA Enabled, 4 Years Warranty

Only £899.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Verying tempting but then my Titans would not have a home.

Really good looking cards though.:)

Associate
I could do with some advice, i've got a vive paired with a 1070 and i get bad motions sickness during locomotion titles, the nolimits rollercoaster sim is the worst culprit for this.
So i think the only solution is to upgrade my graphics card to a 1080ti or should i wait until the new vega cards drop i don't mind waiting a month or two if the performance is going to be better than the ti or will it be ?
What should i do ?

Soldato
I buckled and bought an EVGA GTX1080ti FE when I was stateside last week.

Got it in NYC for $710 plus change (tax included). So around £560.

Its replacing a couple of 980s I had in SLI.

Soldato
Guys - not sure which 1080TI to go for? I was thinking the Aorus Extrme Edition or MSI Gaming X - want a card which is quiet under load with decent temps? Unless someone can suggest something else!

Associate
tumblr_ory9h4QvZm1vj5kkko1_1280.jpg

Soldato
Guys - not sure which 1080TI to go for? I was thinking the Aorus Extrme Edition or MSI Gaming X - want a card which is quiet under load with decent temps? Unless someone can suggest something else!

zotac AMP extreme all the way. Coolest and quietest card by far.

They all do perform well though so I would also take into consideration your build design and what card would look best. And the cost of course.

Soldato
zotac AMP extreme all the way. Coolest and quietest card by far.

They all do perform well though so I would also take into consideration your build design and what card would look best. And the cost of course.

Yeah the AMP extreme is a fair bit more expensive which is why I was looking at the MSI gaming and the Aorus, are they relatively quiet?

Soldato
Yeah all three are quiet and perform well.
Can get the normal AMP extreme for £710 so not too bad.

I've gone for the Aorus Extreme Edition, should be with me tomorrow! Really looking forward to receiving it! Just listed my "stop gap" R9 280X on ebay, I see mine goes for around £100 which is a nice surprise as I only paid £65 for it a few months back.

Back
Top Bottom