• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The power of...dust

Caporegime
My current enthoo primo needs the filters cleaned every few days as dust builds up fast. My previous shinobi xl rarely needed cleaning, but then it had virtually zero air intake.

Caporegime
Ah nightmare :(

Not sure, but is the Titan pcb not the same as the 780/Ti? If so, would this be what you are looking for?

http://www.ekwb.com/shop/blocks/vga-blocks/fc-backplates/nvidia-geforce-series/ek-fc780-gtx-ti-backplate-black.html

Apologies if that link is considered a competitor link, remove if so and I will trust Greg the link if he doesn't see it beforehand.

Cheers bud. I have ordered one now. When I last looked (about a month ago), I couldn't find a single one in Europe, let alone the UK :)

Soldato
Cheers bud. I have ordered one now. When I last looked (about a month ago), I couldn't find a single one in Europe, let alone the UK :)

No worries mate, glad to be of assistance. Possibly my ocd kicking in, but having 1 card with a backplate and the other bare would drive me bonkers lol.

Soldato
Air filters on my 630 catch most of it but since my old case had no filters i got into the habbit of cleaning it fortnightly as its opposite a woodfire so plenty of dust and ash :(
Run a lead in from my Air compressor and give it a quick blow out with 90psi air does the trick quick, However i do stop all the fans from rotating first as i dont know how good it would be for them'

Permabanned
Still a lot of places for dust to get past the filters in the 630, PIA to clean side filter and front case intake filter esp if you never filled down the optical bay lugs and have card readers etc installed.

A guy here has a WC unit in there and then realised he could not get front cover off to clean filter.

Last edited:
Soldato
The front panel removal is silly if you havent modified it to be removable with stuff in the drive bays was one of the first things i did when building it :)
Side panel yes :( but ^^ lots of air makes it clean easy enough
I set it up positive pressure so really only the fan intakes get dust and its not being sucked in via all the other cracks etc
I have expermented leaving it for 4 months once and dust wise was quite happy with it $ months dust was way less than a week with my old case and it cools better so was a ok choice for me at the time,,
Will be looking at a bigger case though when i build a new rig as i want water and i can see me running out of room quick

Man of Honour
My previous setup has massive positive pressure (no dust filters mind) and was horrendous for dust.

Latest setup I've changed it up - dust filters on all intakes, slight negative pressure and sealed any unfiltered gaps and so far dust is almost non existent inside the case.

Permabanned
Negative is cooler running also, but yes should get dustier.

I mean to do the same but the 630 and all NZXT cases are good with some shortcomings, they seem to fix some and make new ones with each new case.

@ Triss You do not get much bigger than an Ultra Tower Case, the original Phantom was E-ATX and those fat (double width cases) aint too pretty IMO.

Soldato
My 900D does a pretty good job of keeping the dust out, but I do need to clean the dust filter at the top where my rad is - that thing is riddled with dust at the moment.

Indeed, very happy with my 900D,not much gets in with a good selection of fans to give a to good positive pressure, i remember the Antec 1200 case was rubbish at keeping dust out.

Back
Top Bottom