US: The Punisher

Soldato
Binged over last night and this morning, loved it steps above s1 and didn't really have any slow episodes always something happening to keep you invested.

Violence was top notch without being over the top for the sake of it and Castle looking after Amy didn't feel out of place unlike films that have tried it in the past.

Hope we get s3 but with how all the other shows have been cancelled I don't have much hope.

Associate
pretty clear marvel want to end the shows, wait 2 years on their contract and then re-secure the rights to these brands.

Its Netflix canning them as they see Disney's streaming channel being a competitor, Marvel was happy having the money roll in from the licensing and spending hardly anything producing the shows.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Its Netflix canning them as they see Disney's streaming channel being a competitor, Marvel was happy having the money roll in from the licensing and spending hardly anything producing the shows.

oh that makes sense, so difficult to know what rumors or reasoning behind shows getting canned lately.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Binged over last night and this morning, loved it steps above s1 and didn't really have any slow episodes always something happening to keep you invested.

Violence was top notch without being over the top for the sake of it and Castle looking after Amy didn't feel out of place unlike films that have tried it in the past.

Hope we get s3 but with how all the other shows have been cancelled I don't have much hope.

Totally agree, improved in all areas from S1 and this is how the Punisher is meant to be portrayed. Dark, gritty and brutally violent. Its a shame Jon Bernthal finally finds a role to make his own and its the production that clouds uncertainty. At the end of the day its sheer greed and surprised Marvel/Disney went down this direction. What i am not sure is can they continue the series on a different channel (Disney) or is the entire production/cast tied down to Netflix agreement.

As i understand it, it was Disney/Marvel who wanted to bring all content back in house and Netflix didnt really have a choice.

Last edited:

R3X

R3X

Soldato
That video above makes sense, so netflix will keep the old episodes of daredevil etc, but not the characters future appearances so marvel will use daredevil and punisher probably on the disney streaming service shows or marvel films.

Its a good move for the long term since those charactors belong in the MCU, but on netflix they were stuck. Marvel have done such a good job with everything I guess they just want every character back under there house.

Back
Top Bottom