• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 5700 XT Owners Thread.

Associate
Kevin do you have a game and scene where they are appearing, I have an xt and can test :)

Ultimate fishing stimulator and kingdom come deliverence , see more in ultimate fishing in the sky. In work so can't get no screenshots for you mate.

Also football manager seems to have a brightness issue or something strange dims then normal then dims etc

Last edited:
Soldato
Ultimate fishing stimulator and kingdom come deliverence , see more in ultimate fishing in the sky. In work so can't get no screenshots for you mate.

Also football manager seems to have a brightness issue or something strange dims then normal then dims etc

I don't have fishing sim, but I saw no issues in Kingdom when I played for 5 mins

Associate
Really impressed with my red devil 5700xt, ran under full load keeping temps around 61-63C, with auto undervolt enabled, its getting sustained clocks at 2010. Seems like there is a lot of overclocking headroom, and would be fantastic if I could get an extra 60-90 Mhz stable and keeping cool

Soldato
Really impressed with my red devil 5700xt, ran under full load keeping temps around 61-63C, with auto undervolt enabled, its getting sustained clocks at 2010. Seems like there is a lot of overclocking headroom, and would be fantastic if I could get an extra 60-90 Mhz stable and keeping cool

61-63c is pretty low. What are your fan speed & hotspot / junction temps?

I noticed in the Bitwit video that his core temp was 70-73c with fans at 1550-1800rpm, and the hotspot / junction temp was still up around 88-90c. Dont remember if he mentioned what his ambient temp was.

Associate
Associate
Asus strix 5700xt GPU

So mine arrived today. I did a clean install using DDU in safemode. Using the latest drivers 19.8.2 from AMD. Deeply disappointed having spent £509. Im getting a lower fps in my games than a AMD r9 270x. My previous vega 64 sapphire Nitro was a beautiful card. Deep deep regrets. Quake champions is not playable. Shadow of the tomb raider looks like playstation 1. Metro exodus,,well forget it 20fps lol...90 on my vega on ultra. It also sounds like a hairdryer...….why did I do this

call tomorrow to send it back..garbage..gutted

Soldato
Associate
Asus strix 5700xt GPU

So mine arrived today. I did a clean install using DDU in safemode. Using the latest drivers 19.8.2 from AMD. Deeply disappointed having spent £509. Im getting a lower fps in my games than a AMD r9 270x. My previous vega 64 sapphire Nitro was a beautiful card. Deep deep regrets. Quake champions is not playable. Shadow of the tomb raider looks like playstation 1. Metro exodus,,well forget it 20fps lol...90 on my vega on ultra. It also sounds like a hairdryer...….why did I do this

call tomorrow to send it back..garbage..gutted

Clearly something is wrong. Calm yourself and figure it out. Do a clean install for example. Why is this basic stuff so drama ridden nowadays.

Soldato
Clearly something is wrong. Calm yourself and figure it out. Do a clean install for example. Why is this basic stuff so drama ridden nowadays.

Lol I don't know what to say to that post. They wonder why the phrase ********* was coined. As you basic stuff to test and see what the issue is. People further just how complex a PC is with huge number of combinations of hardware and software to cater for.

Buying AMD ASUS was a schoolboy error though :p

He must be the only person on the planet experiencing worse than 270x fps with a 5700XT.
There's clearly an issue somewhere with how it is set up. A lot of games like to auto-detect best settings, so it is possible that the 270x was being setup for 1080p whilst the 5700XT for 4K. Without him posting what exactly he has checked then there's no way of knowing.

Soldato
kwslxJK.jpg

Can anyone test if Mafia 2 start of the story works, there's something missing in my game >_<

I've tried it a few times, and restarted, happens everytime

Back
Top Bottom