• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 6900/6950 XT Owners Thread.

Associate
5G8XUkR.gif

How did your re-paste go of the Merc?
Haha I only commented because he said he couldnt find the setting you sent him.

I ended up not doing it, had it on the desk, started taking off screws and realized I had to unplug the fans using a tweezer which I didnt want to do just in case I broke it.

Last edited:

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Haha, benched Timespy extreme at stock settings to compare driver versions - achievement unlocked!

Caporegime
Haha I only commented because he said he couldnt find the setting you sent him.

I ended up not doing it, had it on the desk, started taking off screws and realized I had to unplug the fans using a tweezers which I didnt want to do just in case I broke it.
Good man. It's too much hassle with the Merc, would only recommend doing it if you had big Delta's over 25c+ at stock.
Haha, benched Timespy extreme at stock settings to compare driver versions - achievement unlocked!

Compare it to 21.8.2 and see what you get. :)

Associate
Good man. It's too much hassle with the Merc, would only recommend doing it if you had big Delta's over 25c+ at stock.

Compare it to 21.8.2 and see what you get. :)

So my Sapphire Nitro+ 6900XT has a Delta of 30 degrees at the hot spot with an OC and power set to at 15, but at the 303W max power used under load. Kinda disappointed. Temps on the GPU will be 70-75 under heavy load while the hot spot is 98-110 degrees depending on when I am looking.

My son has the skills to re-paste with our Kryonaut, but I'm worried about voiding the warranty. He is not worried, and he has an EK waterblock on his 6 month old MSI Gaming X Trio 3090...

Associate
On 21.8.2 now. Does anyone know why 3DMark saying my driver is not approved when I compare Time Spy results online? < NEVERMIND, DESPITE REFRESHING THE PAGE MULTIP[LE TIMES AND SEEING "UNAPPROVED DRIVER", AFTER I POSTED THIS NOW THE RESULT IS VALID.

BTW, my new GPU Time Spy score with 303W power limit and in my bedroom 5800X system is 21671. The GPU score was similar at 21652 about 1 week ago on the 21.8.1 driver.

And 4 weeks ago in my 16-core 5950X system the 6800XT GPU score was 21388 on a 21.7.x driver at the time, with the same OC settings. That's about a 3% improvement in 1 month due to drivers. I don't know if my 8-cores vs 16-cores will affect or bottleneck the GPU score, or only hurt the overall combined or total score.

The best GPU score from my ASUS ROG STRIX OC 3080Ti has been 20968, in my 5950X rig.

Back
Top Bottom