• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

Definitely planning to try it out tonight, what do you want to know exactly?
Be interesting to see what you get performance wise with RT on and off. I was getting about 40 in open spaces and 50ish indoors.

I’m guessing the RT performance won’t be great.

Be interesting to see what you get performance wise with RT on and off. I was getting about 40 in open spaces and 50ish indoors.

I’m guessing the RT performance won’t be great.

For reference I'm getting between 45-58fps on my 3080FE @ 1440P DLSS or FSR2 Quality. What resolution are you running at?

3440x1440 Fsr quality, getting similar performance

Just tried Ultra+ setting and it drops to 30fps in populated areas and 40 fps in open areas. Very heavy game and also very buggy. Crashes to desktop when enabling RT.

Welcome all, TOL updated.:)

If I have missed anyone please let me know.

The Owners List.

ApdsOSW.jpg

Date 14/12/2022, Make MBA XTX, Kangaxx, Link
Date 14/12/2022, Make MBA XTX, gupsterg, Link
Date 14/12/2022, Make MBA XTX, Noluck, Link
Date 14/12/2022, Make MBA XTX, JDHansen, Link
Date 14/12/2022, Make MBA XT, Chewie, Link
Date 14/12/2022, Make MBA XTX, Haz123, Link
Date 14/12/2022, Make MBA XTX, ElderKarr, Link
Date 14/12/2022, Make MBA XTX, jinxpad, Link
Date 14/12/2022, Make MBA XTX, LtMatt, Link

To get on The Owners List all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your Radeon RX 7900 XT(X).

How many black screens, power spikes, coil whine and if theres more than 10fps with ray tracing

My experience so far ended after 30 mins due to a "clean" game crash i.e. return to desktop with the "Witcher 3 Crash Reporter" window showing up and asking to send data for troubleshooting.

No black screens, unusual power spikes or coil whine to report. Performance wise running in RT Ultra mode in 4K is definitely hard for the 7900 XT, was struggling to just keep a consistent 30fps :o

But it seems that the game is a bit of a mess with this update overall, nothing specific to the 7900 series: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/th...ed-worse-performance-even-without-ray-tracing

Vapor x cooling is quite literally just using a vapour chamber, as most cards do now so not sure why the announcement? :confused:

I'm surprised the 7900 XTX is actually smaller than my out going Inno3D 3080 iChill X4. Seems to have helped with airflow installed vertically in a Phanteks P500A case.

I ran Valley benchmark a few time to make it was working correctly and then ran Time Spy which seemed to be about right.

I did read the previous posts about the +15% -150mV adjustments which did seem to make a difference but my GPU only went to -100mV. However I then started to get a problem with the junction temp jumping to 100+ in a couple of games so stopped and re-installed the drivers to fix it. I may try again later.

CspjW4Z.jpg

RTX 7900 XTX compared to INNO3D iChill X4 3080

i5uuy7c.jpg
pHTpF5L.jpg

FMUVT0u.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom